Teen club age groups

I’m going on a cruise in July and i’ll almost be fourteen and i really don’t want to be in the 12-14 age group. I skipped a grade so I’ll be going into tenth grade and honestly hanging out with seventh graders sounds AWFUL. I called customer service and they said no but what are the chances on board they’ll let me move up? The cruise is in summer so I feel like the groups will already be crammed and based off what people said I’d probably have to go to the younger group the first day and be “observed” but the first day is the most important day in my opinion because nobody knows each other yet. I wish they would just do it by grades and not age...

p.s the ship is adventure of the seas i don’t know if that makes a difference i just thought i’d include it:))

Thanks

Edited by gracieding

Wait until you are on board.  The teens tend to often meet at the club and do their own thing.  Make sure you go the first night - that’s when lots of friendships are made. The teen program is quite relaxed.  You will be fine in either group  - they often do things together, depending upon how many kids on board.  You will be 13 - keep in mind older kids who might be almost 18 - might think the same way about you!

29 minutes ago, gracieding said:

I’m going on a cruise in July and i’ll almost be fourteen and i really don’t want to be in the 12-14 age group. I skipped a grade so I’ll be going into tenth grade and honestly hanging out with seventh graders sounds AWFUL. I called customer service and they said no but what are the chances on board they’ll let me move up? The cruise is in summer so I feel like the groups will already be crammed and based off what people said I’d probably have to go to the younger group the first day and be “observed” but the first day is the most important day in my opinion because nobody knows each other yet. I wish they would just do it by grades and not age...

p.s the ship is adventure of the seas i don’t know if that makes a difference i just thought i’d include it:))

Thanks

btw i meant to put almost fifteen not fourteen i’m already fourteen

On which date are you sailing? We'll be on Adventure of the Seas in July (26th), and my daughter will be 15/almost 16. If it's the same sailing, happy to help connect you guys so you can chat before the sailing. 🙂

1 minute ago, HAD said:

On which date are you sailing? We'll be on Adventure of the Seas in July (26th), and my daughter will be 15/almost 16. If it's the same sailing, happy to help connect you guys so you can chat before the sailing. 🙂

ah nope i’m going on July 6th darn:((

Just now, gracieding said:

ah nope i’m going on July 6th darn:((

Bummer! You could always switch sailings. 😉 

I am sure you will have a blast! My kids have been sailing for years, and they always find friends. 😃 Definitely hit the meet and greet - all the connections seem to happen that first day/evening. 

What type of room do you have?  The reason that I ask is that if you are in a suite, get your parents to speak to your concierge.  That is what we did.  I moved my "almost 12 year old" at the time into the 12-14 year old age group.  It was a summer sailing too with tons of kids. 

For what it is worth, my son was almost 15 (2 months away at the time) and he ended up having fun in the 12-14 group.  He's quite mature as well.  He actually liked it because he found kids with the same issue with age that he had plus he found that the older ones formed a mini-group and hung out.  Also, from what I could tell, the 12-14 group looked to be great because they organized time on the various ship activities much more than what the 15+ group was doing.