Camp Carnival ?-how often can you drop off/pick up & TIP inquiry

CRUIZIN SUZAN

Was wondering how this whole Canp Carnival/Childrens World thing works. We have a 2 1/2 year old who attends a Daycare and Learning Center here at home. We are afraid he might be "bored" on board (sea days) with just playing with us and not peers his age like at home. If there is an interesting activity at the Camp Carnival- can we leave him there for the hour they are running the activiy and then come back for him and maybe drop him off later in the day for another houror so or do they frown upon signing kids in and out, in and out?

Also- does anyone know the recommended gratuity for the youth staff. I guess it depends on how often your child is in the camp- but guest services at Carnival were not able to give a recommendation. Funny, they can tell me the suggested gratuity for other wait staff but not the counselors. In my mind, the staff caring for my only child is a bit higher on the "gotta take care of" list than any other waitstaff on board (though we always give at LEAST the minimum recommended and often more for cabin and dining staff!) Does anyone know or can suggest an appropriate amount and should we pay each day/time we leave him or wait until the end of the week?

Thanks for your help.

well, for one thing, the commercial is true. My child wanted to stay in camp carnival every minute she could. She was 5. Usually starts at 9 am. There a break around lunch. Then it opens again for the afternoon. Then a break for dinner. On formal nights they can eat with their friends. My DD wanted nothing to do with dining room food lol. Then at 10pm the "slumber party" starts which is 6.00 per hr or 10.00 for 2 kids an hr. til 3am i think. We always stayed out to about 1 am. Thats when all the adult shows and stuff happens. They have a different activity about every 30 mins. She will LOVE it. You will be happy she is having such a good time. MY DD kept telling me we were boring and she wanted to go hang out with her new friends. As far as tipping. Tip what you feel like they deserve.

MS.Victory 05-02-04

MS.Imagination 9-20-03

Yes.. everything the above poster said is true!

They are open from 9-12, 2-5, and 7-10. You will be given an itinerary sheet the first day.. so you can plan out what activities interest your child.. and you can drop off/pick up your child whenever you want!

Our kids loved it so much.. that they always went to the 9-12 session... and the 7-10 session. We only participated in the after hours babysitting once.. only until midnight.. it was well worth the $20.00.

My kids cannot wait to go again! This year, they are even going to participate in the kids "coke"tail party and dinner, so we can go to the formal dinner alone!

Cathy

dolphin.gif

Ecstacy October 1992

Destiny October 1999

TRIUMPH May2003

TRIUMPH AGAIN! May 2004

Returning to the TRIUMPH on MAY 15TH!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;5;15;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

http://community.webshots.com/user/catrin0917

Sailed on Pride 2 weeks ago with a 2 year (+2 months) old and a 5 year old.

The 5 year old cried on our last day at sea, said she wanted to live on the ship. When given the choice, she always chose camp carnival over us unless we were going to take her to the pool or waterslide.

The 2 year old was all for it the first 2 days. After that he seemed to pick up anxieties from our friend's daughters (the youngest of which, also 2 years old, has some severe seperation anxiety issues). The camp carnival staff was wonderful, however, and allowed him to work through his issues once he started having them - in other words, they'd let us sit with him until he was ok with us leaving, or let us hang out outside the entrance to make sure he stopped crying. Every time we returned they told us once he "forgot" about us he had a fabulous time. On his last visit when we came to pick him up, he was sitting in the lap of the one the counselors giving her hugs and kisses.

Signing in and out frequently isn't a problem, and if your child doesn't have seperation anxiety, they'll have more fun in the camp than with you.

They do request you not put your child in for more than 6 hours a day because it is not "daycare". They have organize activities for almost the entire time. Computer stuff, art projects, treasure hunts, etc. You'll quickly get past that "I'm dumping my kid" feeling and rapidly to the "this is a fun vacation for everyone" feeling, especially since you see them for most of the meals and most likely you'll take them with you at ports of call (at that age I can't see leaving them on the ship with no way to be contacted).

My 5 year old's favorite night was the coketail party night because they got to go in the disco and dance with balloons and just party. (the 2-3 year old stayed in the camp)

---

Jeremy

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;3;28;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800   until Pride 3/28/04

[This message was edited by jeremyh on 04-13-04 at 03:06 PM.]

I'm guessing no one remembers what drinks they had at the coketail party? DH is allergic to high fructose corn syrup (no soda cards for us!). If he asks for club soda, will he be able to get it?

It's not a huge issue - if he ended up with some, it's not like we'd have to have him medi-vac'ed off the ship or anything. (And quite honestly, when he does get some, he won't drink it because it tastes funny to him.) I was just wondering if anyone remembered. icon_smile.gif

Namaste,

Heather

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;9;18;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0400

Until we sail on the Triumph ~ 9/18/04 - Roll Call

pleasedontstealmethanks.gif

Is "DH" a child? The coketail party is for the kids, the cocktail party, with alcoholic beverages, is for the adults. icon_wink.gif

Honestly have no idea what drinks the kids got, I suspect apple juice was an option, it always was, if that helps..

---

Jeremy

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;3;28;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800   until Pride 3/28/04

Archived