Wine On Board NCL Cruises

monteeee

NCL allows you to carry on any number of bottles of wine you want in the 750ml size, but charges $15 corkage for each bottle no matter where you consume it. Upon boarding you'll be directed to a table where they charge your on-board account the $15 per bottle and it is marked with a sticker, then given back to you. If you take a bottle to a dining room, they will open it for you and serve it, then store it for you and fetch it the next night at dinner if you ask.

Any suggestions on how to pack it safely?  And you said they return it to you, is it taken out of your luggage?  Just curious how they make sure to get it back to you. Thanks for the time, we have cruised with NCL often but never brought wine aboard.  

You need to carry it with you to check-in instead of checking it through with the porters when you arrive at the pier.

In NYC we check our suitcases and then head up to the check-in floor, go thru security screening/scanning where they will see the bottles in our small rolling bag we use for cosmetics, medicines, incidentals — and wine.  Security will diret you to the table NCL has set up for wine corkage processing.

I tell them how many bottles we have, show them the bottles, they write up a charge ticket with our cabin number, put the sticker on each bottle.  Done in less than 5 minutes.

The charge usually shows up as being from one of the Main Dining Rooms.

Oh, packing.  I’ve wrapped them in bubble wrap occassionally, but t-shirts or other clothing seems to work just as well.  The wine isn’t going into the mass of checked luggage, I’m taking care of it, so special packing isn’t crucial.

Hope you enjoy your cruise - and Cheers!

22 minutes ago, suzequ said:

You need to carry it with you to check-in instead of checking it through with the porters when you arrive at the pier.

In NYC we check our suitcases and then head up to the check-in floor, go thru security screening/scanning where they will see the bottles in our small rolling bag we use for cosmetics, medicines, incidentals — and wine.  Security will diret you to the table NCL has set up for wine corkage processing.

I tell them how many bottles we have, show them the bottles, they write up a charge ticket with our cabin number, put the sticker on each bottle.  Done in less than 5 minutes.

The charge usually shows up as being from one of the Main Dining Rooms.

Oh, packing.  I’ve wrapped them in bubble wrap occassionally, but t-shirts or other clothing seems to work just as well.  The wine isn’t going into the mass of checked luggage, I’m taking care of it, so special packing isn’t crucial.

Hope you enjoy your cruise - and Cheers!

Thanks so much!!

We brought an entire case on board the Breakaway.  We made the mistake of not repacking it and my poor husband had to carry around our case of wine until our room was ready.  Next time we will buy one of those padded grocery cart thingies to bring it on.  Other people have also used wine holder backpacks.