Status of the Freedom?

CeeAtSea

Has anyone heard anything about the delivery status of the Freedom of the Seas? Just curious...

Every indication so far is that everything is on schedule. The Massport website shows that the Freedom is scheduled to visit Boston beginning May 19th and will make other stops along the East Coast enroute to Miami.

I was wondering too since I have been waiting for them to open up summer '07 bookings and they said 'in January' in December, now they are saying 'in another month or two we're not sure'.

Rumor is that the ship will be doing the Eastern route in 07...but don't expect to see the bookings until March or April.

She should be done with sea trials now. If she is not she should be finishing up. I still can't believe we are waiting for information.

She isn't due in the US until sometime in May so, even if you build in the time required for the crossing, I don't think she will conclude her final sea trials or be turned over to the cruiseline before sometime in April, or approximately three months from now.

I am anxious for more information as well but I guess we need to exercise a little more patience. I suspect that they have a whole schedule of releases and events that they will use to build public interest before they finally unveil the finished ship to the world.:)

How soon will the pier in Cozumel be rebuilt to handle the Freedom. That's just too many people to tender in! Anyone know?

Well, she'll be tendering in Labadee and Cayman as well. People are always so concerned about the tendering thing....guess I've never been caught in a tender jam bad enough to effect my opinion of the trip. Truthfully, I must be the only one who actually prefers tendering. LOL

I've always loved boats of any size, and there is something awesome about pulling back up to the giant cruise ship on the tiny tenders. Makes it feel even more special and adventurous. I wouldn't hesitate to book a cruise that tendered in every single port, and Freedom is close, with only one dock port.

Tracy

She is a beast for sure!! If you look close, in some of the pictures you can see men working on the ship....they look like little ants. Ahhhh, the anticipation of that day when I see her for the first time. I'm always in awe of the ships and she is going to be something to behold!

Tracy

Archived