Capri's for Dinner?

Tiki Mike

We are starting to pack and are wondering...

I have seen threads here where women have been turned away at the restaurant's for wearing capri's.

I can't believe if my DW is wearing midcalf capris, a nice blouse and designer sandals she would be turned away?

I can only recall one thread where someone claimed to have been turned away for wearing capris. Her thread was filled with various other claims, many of which served to cast doubt on her credibility.

I have seen capris on every NCL cruise that I have been on. I don't think your wife will have any problem.

Hi... this is straight from the NCL website:

Ladies Capri Pants, which are a length between the knee and ankles, are acceptable in all fine dining rooms as long as they are not blue jean capris.

Before anyone bashes me......I did wear capris to dinner one night.....AND yes they were even blue jean capris. BUT I did have on strappy high heels and a very dressy top....so I don't think it was a big deal. The next night in Mama's some schlub came in for dinner in a t-shirt, baggy jeans and sneakers. Not a word was said to him.

Wear the capris, we all do; jeans, NOPE, if for no other reason,they are not appropiate, end of story. Capris are cute, can be as dressy as any other type of pants or even sun dresses and if you don't wear capris, you would be hard pressed to find something to wear. That is about all you find these days. I do think they will be out in a year or so, but let your DW enjoy them while they are the style. NMNita

I too wear carpis almost every night on board.. I keep 4 pair that are 'cruise capris'.. They don't wrinkle and have a stretchy waist..:p

The worst I have seen on board I saw on my last cruise.. In the main dining room, a young girl came in for dinner wearing a bathing suit top and raggy, holey jean shorts.. She was in her mid 20's.. But she was pushing a woman in a wheel chair that I assume was her grandmother. We all gathered the reason she wasn't turned away was because of the wheelchair. Besides the fact that it was so tacky looking, I bet the girl froze her bootie off.. It was so cold in those dining rooms.. I was wearing a sweater..And I was still cold..

Archived