What do do if it rains

cft8

The forecast for next Monday (5/6) is dismal. :-( Now I’m trying to figure out alternate plans!

Our plan was the first ferry to Hamilton, walk around Hamilton and the head to the Hamilton Princess for our 3pm tea reservations. We are doing the tea regardless, but we might scrap the plan for Hamilton if it’s pouring rain.

I will be disappointed if we just stay on the ship for the morning, though. I am thinking of either heading to the National Museum for a few hours.

Is the tram running at this point in the season? I am thinking that is a good way to stay a bit drier if it’s pouring.

Is a taxi our best alternative to the ferry to get to the Hamilton Princess? Or do the mini buses stop near there? It seems to be about a 10-minute walk from the Hamilton ferry terminal to the hotel. The 12:30 ferry puts us there at 1:00, which is a lot of time to kill if it’s raining (and we don’t want to look like drown rats at our nice tea). But the next ferry is not until 2:15, putting us in Hamilton at 2:45, which is too close for comfort for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, cft8 said:

The forecast for next Monday (5/6) is dismal. 😞 Now I’m trying to figure out alternate plans!

Don't freak out about a Bermuda forecast a week in advance. Those weather app forcasts are useless for Bermuda. The weather can't be predicted a week in advance. Being an island there is often a passing thundershower. The rain could be at 4:00 am.  Of course it could rain all day but usually rain is passing showers. Use the Bermuda weather service a couple of days in advance. Two days is the most accurate you can get unless a hurricane is headed toward Bermuda. Bermuda Weather Service. http://www.weather.bm

If it does rain take an umbrella.The ferry and hotel are not that far apart. Also you can duck into Washington Mall which is near the ferry terminal if there is rain. 

Edited by Charles4515

It's good to know that rain is usually passing showers! We were wondering about that. Living in Colorado, I'm used to forecasts that change by the day (yesterday, it said it was going to snow here for the next three days; this morning, it's changed to rain; tomorrow, it could snow anyway. No one really knows). But, being a project manager by profession, I'm hard-wired to have a plan in case my original plan is not going to work. On this trip, I'm also leading a large group that will expect me to know what the plan is if it is raining, so I need to be prepared with alternate ideas. 

I'd say everyone should pack a rain jacket.  National Museum is a good backup plan. They have indoor exhibits but you are walking from building to building.  As for the tram, not sure if it will be running, but if it is, it's all open (well roof overhead) so you will still get rained on from the sides.  Unless the tram is just about ready to board (and assuming everyone can walk at a decent pace) I'd just walk over, even if in the rain vs waiting on the tram. 

• Like 1

I agree about the rain jackets. We've experienced some pretty windy rainstorms/thunderstorms while visiting Bermuda. Weather for Monday looks bleak but Tuesday looking sunny. 

Edited by marci22

4 minutes ago, edgreenberg said:

Planning on rain jackets and hats just in case. We'll be in .bm land from Wed AM to Fri PM on Celebrity Summit.  http://weather.bm only shows out till Saturday at this time. What site gives wx out to Monday?

Ed Greenberg

I was using the Weather Underground app on my phone. But, it sounds like that's not a reliable choice. I'm hoping it's so unreliable that there's not actually going to be a huge thunderstorm on Monday! :-)