Which airport for Carnival Pride?

stargate fan

Hey all,

I'm a New Englander, so I need advice on which airport(s) to fly into for our Pride cruise.

I understand that the port is in Long Beach, but is one airport more convenient/less expensive than another?

Also, I just discovered that there are two cabins on the Empress deck, all the way aft, that are still available. Anyone have experience with that?

Thanks.

All of the Cruislines shuttles are at LAX but you can book a super shuttle from Long Beach airport which is closer. We usually fly into LAX since the flights are cheaper.

Carnival Pride 2/08/04

Carnival Pride 2/03

Inspiration 1/02

Ecstasy 5/01

I live about 45 minutes from LAX. When my mother has flown her to take a cruise, I have her fly into LAX. It is by far the most convenient if you are going straight to the ship.

Kathy

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;5;30;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

05/30/04 Carnival Pride cruise & the wraparound balcony

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;6;28;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

06/28/04 Ecstasy- Category 12 suite

Mom's 80th birthday surprise!!

Ecstasy 09/13/02

Ecstasy 05/26/03

Hi,

We are going on the Pride May 9th - We are flying into Long Beach and out of LA - Only reason we are flying out of LA is it was hard to get a flight with the right time coming out of Long Beach -

They have Shuttles, Taxi, etc out of LA - This will be our first time going into Long Beach, we are going to stay at the Hyatt Regency in Long Beach the night before - Went on priceline and got the room for around $41.00 -

We stay aft in the middle on the Triumph over New Years last year and it was great - Actually this will be our 6th Carnival Cruise and we haven't found a bad place, at least we were on vacation -

Have Fun -

Curtis (godallas@dragonbbs.com)

US NAVY RET (Whole bunch of Ships)

Sensation 5/97

Fantasy 11/98

Sensation 9/00

Spirit 12/02 (Christmas)

Triumph 12/03 (New Years)

Pride 5/9/04

Miracle 12/12/04

Until Our Next Cruise

Yes, there are many more flights into LAX than Long Beach which usually means that they are cheaper. but thst is not always true. Last year we flew into Long Beach for about 40% less than the cheapest flight into LAX. And all things being equal, I would fly into Long Beach. It is quite small and is much easier to deal with than LAX. For example, in less than 15 minutes from when we deplaned we had our luggage and were leaving the airport in a rental car.

Dale

Archived