Fishing with Pedro

brookeq

We were in Cozumel a few weeks ago and I spent a lot of time looking for something new to do.  We have been to a few of the ruins sites, Chankanaab, Paradise beach, etc.  I wanted to do something different.   It would be our family of 4 (2 kids 8 and 10).  Cozumel was our last stop after 3 days of busy port schedules.   I wanted to do the Amazing Secret Underground River but we thought it would probably be too much for our family near the end of our vacation.

In my research I found out about a beautiful place called El Cielo.  It looked like an amazing beach area.  But you can only get their by boat.  The tour company I found had mixed reviews.   Somehow I stumbled upon Fishing with Pedro.   He takes you deep sea fishing, snorkeling and to El Cielo.   I contacted them on their page on social media site.   His wife handles the bookings and she was quick and very helpful with her responses.   

The cost is $375.  That is for just your family for the day.(family of 4)  So a private boat for the entire day.  They also have a bigger boat that holds more than 4 people.   That would be a different price. 

Pedro and Sammy took us out.  The boat was nice and clean.   The ride was enjoyable.  We trolled for fish on the way.   

We stopped in some deep water and fished.  If you look on his page most days people are catching some big fish (barricudas, mahi mahi, etc).  The current was a bit strong and nothing was biting.  Pedro worked very hard to try and catch some.  But no other boats were catching anything this day either.   

No worries.  He took us to shallower water and we started catching fish and my son was happy.  We caught some yellow tail, trigger fish and a few others.   Here are some that we caught.   

After fishing we headed to El Cielo.  

It was beautiful.  The water is shallow and clear.  The sand was so soft. 

There are a few friendly sting rays there that know the fishing boats feed them.   We snorkeled around with them a bit.   

(if you don't want them to come near you, just be noisy and they swim won't come even close to you).  

While we swam in the water Pedro prepared fresh ceviche with our catch.   We ate it on the way back and it was delicious.  Even my picky kids liked it.   He had drinks and other snacks too all day.   

We didn't do the snorkeling  since the kids didn't want to and we already did in Grand Cayman and Roatan.  So i can't comment on that part.  

But the kids declared it their favorite day of the cruise.  And my son is hard to please!   

When we got back to the marina they called us a cab (its about a 5 minute drive to the carnival pier)  but none were answering.  Sammy took us back to the boat in his truck.  Such great service.   Both Pedro and Sammy were so friendly and professional.

I would recommend this trip to anyone.   My daughter didn't fish but she loved the boat the ride.  I helped fish and sat out on the front of my boat and relaxed in the warm sun.   

It has something for everyone.  

Here are some pictures:  

2019-04-05_09-57-19_789.jpg

2019-04-05_13-04-36_797.jpg

2019-04-05_13-32-44_897.jpg

2019-04-05_13-45-49_838.jpg

2019-04-05_14-27-55_942.jpg

2019-04-05_14-32-54_039.jpg

P4050245new.jpg

P4050275.JPG

P4050328.JPG

P4050331new.jpg

P4050378.JPG

P4050379.JPG

P4050263.JPG

P4050266.JPG

Edited by brookeq
spell

They don't have a website.  Cruise critic doesn't let me mention the name of the social networking site that his business is on.  Starts with an F.   Once on there just search for Fishing with Pedro.  Message them and his wife Anet will contact you.  🙂

12 hours ago, YankeesFan4Life said:

Thank you so much for the recommendation!  I just contacted them for my Breakaway cruise in August.  Looking for something fun to do besides a beach break, or typical touristy thing....

Nice!  I hope you have a great time.  🙂

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 5/16/2019 at 9:53 AM, mook1525 said:

thanks! what was included? beer, water and light snack?

sorry wasn't on here.  I will answer in case anyone else may have the question.   It included beer, soda, and waters.  They had snacks below.   But we brought our own so not sure.  It also included the chips and the fresh ceviche.