GCT Egypt 8/26/06

curly14

We did a China and cruise last year with GCT and had a great time. Some new friend had just gotten back from Egypt before leaving for China and they said it was the best money they had ever spent. They had security around them at all times and felt very safe.

Hi Curly we did China a few years ago and enjoyed it. We also did the GCT Christmas Markets in Dec and felt that Grand Circle did a wonderful job. We are very excited about our Egypt, Nile, Jordon and Israel trip with Grand Circle. I know you will enjoy it too. We leave from JFK on the 2nd of May because we are doing pre and post before the Egypt Nile cruise. I am glad to hear that your friends felt that they had good security. This makes me feel much safer. Happy Sailing, Joy

We too are leaving from JFK, have family in the area and will be able to visit them. We haven't decided if we will fly dirrectly home post tour/cruise or do something else. Early retirement is great!

We cruised San Diego-Hawaii-San Diego over Thanksgiving, had a good time but decided we have more learning and enjoyment on GCT excursions so that is what we are going to do for a while.

Have a great day.

Curly, too bad.... We are on the 8/27/06 cruise on the Nile Stephanie. We can't wait. Just got back this month from the Rhine River Holiday cruise with Grand Circle. Our first riverboat cruise and first with Grand Circle. We had such a wonderful time. They are a wonderful company to deal with. We were so pleased with every aspect of the trip.

I am concerned about what kind of daytime clothes I should take to Egypt. I wonder if shorts are not appropriate. Perhaps I will stick to capris and skirts. What about you? We also had first decided to take the Abu Simbal trip, but after reading more about it and finding out that we would only be at the site for an hour, we are thinking that the trip is very overpriced. We plan to do all of the other optional trips. What do you think about the price of the Abu Simbal excursion? We would hate to miss out on something extrordinary.

Hopefully someone will answer these questions for us. If not, I will eventually pose a new thread.

Geril

Hi Geril,

We just received our handbooks and I think I read in it that women were received better if they wore mid-length skirts or loose culottes that resemble a skirt. I will adhere to that recommendation but I will take my shorts for on the cruise. As for the Abu Simbal excursion, we are going to skip that because of the effort to get there and the expense for a short time once there. Thought we could better use the money on other experiences on the trip.

We were talked into the second deck because on the main deck you can’t see over the banks of the Nile to see the landscape and people working etc. I hope we did right as we did book the Manz. level. This will be our third trip with GCT and they have always taken very good care of us.

“Just my thoughts”

We also had first decided to take the Abu Simbal trip, but after reading more about it and finding out that we would only be at the site for an hour, we are thinking that the trip is very overpriced. We plan to do all of the other optional trips. What do you think about the price of the Abu Simbal excursion? We would hate to miss out on something extrordinary.

Geril

The day trip to Abu Simbel is not the best way to do it - a short time there as you said, and it is also very crowded. Go again, and do the Lake Nasser cruise to or from Aswan; it takes 3 or 4 days, and you see the temples the way they were designed to be seen from the water. Better, though, is the fact that you overnight at Abu Simbel, so you get the chance to look around when they are peaceful and quiet.

Richard

Archived