Breakfast ideas in Tampa

Gatorfan01

We’ll be arriving in Tampa 2 days before our September cruise. The hotel will probably have the standard continental breakfast but I’m looking for more of a local favorite. We’ll have a car so can travel easily outside of the downtown Tampa area for a good breakfast. ☺️

I’m going to try Tampa Bay Brewing Co for Friday night and Columbia’s for Saturday lunch. I’ve been to the one in St Augustine so know how delicious this place is! Any other food suggestions?

BERN'S

nothing more need be said

Columbia is for the armatures

Bern's is for those who KNOW Tampa   

don't forget to reserve the dessert room after dinner

Edited by Capt_BJ

1 hour ago, Capt_BJ said:

BERN'S

nothing more need be said

Columbia is for the armatures

Bern's is for those who KNOW Tampa   

don't forget to reserve the dessert room after dinner

Berns for breakfast? We’re doing Berns for dinner Saturday night. 😊

• 2 weeks later...

If you don't have a First Watch near you then you should go!  It is a chain restaurant but my goodness it's delicious!  We love the Cinnamon Banana Pancakes (add chocolate chips)!  

If you are looking for more of a local vibe then try Datz !  I think the Columbia is overrated - try Ulele on the River!!!

• Like 1

I'm a Tampa local.  Here are three recommendations:

Check out Daily Eats for a local breakfast.  It's like a small old diner with some outdoor seating as well.  Almost always a wait, but not too bad and worth it.  Super local.  Super delicious.  

Another local spot is GoodyGoody in South Tampa.  Been around since 1925.  Closed a couple years ago and family finally reopened.  Another diner type atmosphere in a trendy neighborhood.  

Finally, the Oxford Exchange.  Right across the street for University of Tampa (which is a great place to walk to and take pics.  Amazing unique architecture and on the water.  Henry Plant museum inside - trains, etc. really cool) In addition to restaurant, there is a little book store and small gift area.  

Those are in no particular order. Google and check out the menus.  All different atmospheres.  Just depends on what you're looking for.  

(Also agree that First Watch is always delicious.  Yes, a chain, but yummy and nicer than a typical breakfast spot in my opinion, especially if you don't have one near where you live.)

• Like 1