Bliss In Ketchikan

ptkathy

I have heard that the Bliss is not arriving in Ketchikan until 730/ 8. Per schedule Its says arrival at 6 AM. Can someone sailing on the cruise this week or next confirm arrival time? We have cruise on may 19th and I made a private excursion that meets at 730 just trying to see If I have to change the time.  Thanks everyone 

The only official change Norwegian has announced is extending the departure time from 1:00 to 1:15.  They still show us arriving at 6:00.  However, the official City of Ketchikan port schedule (link below) shows us in port from 7:30-1:15.  This is probably what the tour operators are referencing.  Keep an eye on trip reports from this week's sailing to see which is accurate.

https://www.ktn-ak.us/media/Port&Harbor/Port/Berthing Assignments/2019/Final Calendar.pdf

This was an issue for us too...we're on the same cruise as you, OP.  Our tour was scheduled for 7:00.  Our operator contacted us to say they had heard from NCL about the change in arrival time, and they offered us a different (and less interesting tour) that started later in the day.  Needless to say, it's a big disappointment.  I'll be watching this first cruise to see if by ANY chance the official port schedule is wrong...but I'm doubtful.  Bummer.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 6:34 AM, ptkathy said:

I have heard that the Bliss is not arriving in Ketchikan until 730/ 8. Per schedule Its says arrival at 6 AM. Can someone sailing on the cruise this week or next confirm arrival time? We have cruise on may 19th and I made a private excursion that meets at 730 just trying to see If I have to change the time.  Thanks everyone 

We are sailing 7/21 and just received an email this morning stating that we are arriving at 7 instead of 6.  I'm curious, what time did you end up getting into Ketchikan and how long after you got there were you able to get off the ship.  Our meeting time for our excursion is at 7:20.  Thanks

1 hour ago, Montykins said:

We are sailing 7/21 and just received an email this morning stating that we are arriving at 7 instead of 6.  I'm curious, what time did you end up getting into Ketchikan and how long after you got there were you able to get off the ship.  Our meeting time for our excursion is at 7:20.  Thanks

Don't worry about missing your excursion. The tour operators know the ship schedule and will not leave you.

34 minutes ago, GrabMyWrist said:

Don't worry about missing your excursion. The tour operators know the ship schedule and will not leave you.

Don't be so quick with the good advice. In the case of rmurray above, the tour operator would not wait and did not allow them to stay on the tour the booked with the later arrival time. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Don't be so quick with the good advice. In the case of rmurray above, the tour operator would not wait and did not allow them to stay on the tour the booked with the later arrival time. 

Not quite what I meant but I understand what you’re saying. If it’s an NCL excursion, they’ll do everything within their power to ensure you are there for it. If not, that’s the chance you take when booking with operators who service multiple ships. They still have other ships and passengers to accommodate.

We did arrive at 7 and we were off the ship in time to get to meeting place by the visitors center by 715 We even had time to go in visitors center prior to meeting our 730 pick up for float plane ride.