Age Limit

teach01

As long as the parents are there, you should be fine. You might have to register an adult in the room, but then the adults can be in their own room and it will be fine. As long as the parents are there I don't see a problem. But ask your TA or RCCL just to be sure.

If they are 21, they can be in the room by themself. If they are under 21, they need someone 25 or older to be with them.

Actually that is not the case anymore. Now someone under 21 only needs an 21 year old in the stateroom with them. The following was taken from Royal Caribbean's Website.

Effective July 1, 2005 guests under the age of 21 must be booked in a stateroom with an adult who is 21 years or older. A parent or legal guardian must accompany guests under the age of 18 and must be booked in the same or adjacent stateroom. Acceptable proof will be required. These restrictions may be waived at our discretion where applicable.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/purchaseCruiseFaq.do;jsessionid=0000Sa8Z_O0X21E8hNSh6fPGLso:10ktdmm42#9

So what is the age limit? My girlfriend (20 years old) and I (22 years old) are booked for a 7 night cruise in April. Will we be alright?

you'll be fine. they just changed the rules to if someone is under 21, they need someone 21 in the room also.

We are going on the Mariner in a few weeks and taking our 11 & 13 year olds with us. We booked 2 rooms and are listed with 1 adult in each room, however our TA told us that it would not be a problem for the kids to be in one room and us in the other. They told me that all we had to do was have the sea pass cards changed from one room to the other. The kids are very well behaved and have cruised twice before and I don't expect to have any problems at all. We actually have a balcony room and the kids are in an inside room across from us. I'm wondering though if others have done this before?

We have a 17 year old boy and three 15 year old boys booked in a cabin by themselves. (No, they are not all ours, just the 17 yo and one of the 15 yo.)

We had no problems booking them in their own cabin.

If they are 21, they can be in the room by themself. If they are under 21, they need someone 25 or older to be with them.

We have a balcony cabin on the port side and the boys have an inside cabin on the opposite side of the ship, starboard side, both towards the front. When I booked the cabin, the agent said it was fine and that neither my husband nor I had to be listed on their cabin.

As Arte Johnson would say, "Verrry interrresting."

We are going on the Mariner in a few weeks and taking our 11 & 13 year olds with us. We booked 2 rooms and are listed with 1 adult in each room, however our TA told us that it would not be a problem for the kids to be in one room and us in the other. They told me that all we had to do was have the sea pass cards changed from one room to the other. The kids are very well behaved and have cruised twice before and I don't expect to have any problems at all. We actually have a balcony room and the kids are in an inside room across from us. I'm wondering though if others have done this before?

You will be fine. If you read post #5 above, it states the new rules that allow children under 18 to be in their own room as long as parents are in an adjacent stateroom.

Archived