half day tour for 85 year olds

dagcruisers

I have never been to Tortola, so I would appreciate suggestions. I am bringing my 85 year old parents.  They are mobile enough to climb a few steps up a bus or boat and walk for short periods of time.  They are not fond of going to the beach, so I was thinking maybe a half day tour of the island.  Is there a tour company that would drive us around by either car or boat and maybe stop at a couple of sights?  Are there sights that may be of interest without going up/down steep hills on foot? 

Thanks for any suggestions.

Yes, your parents can enjoy several spectacular panoramic bay and island views as well as the beauty of Tortola on an island tour. Drivers at the dock offer shared island tours in the open-sided safari taxes, but I suggest you contact AC’s Taxi for a private tour. Arnold gets rave reviews from customers and it is a much more personal experience. Would recommend you contact him ASAP if cruising this year, and calling him if no quick email response.

http://www.info-res.com/actaxibvi/

Note, if you decide to look at a shared safari taxi rather than a private van with AC, prices are ~$25pp for a few hours, and some also stop in Cane Garden Bay for a short time. AC’s prices are comparable to the published hourly public taxi fares so not unreasonable for a private option.

But for your parents I hope you can swing the private tour, they will see more than the folks on the shared tours, and the experience in an air-conditioned van with a private guide will be so much nicer!

Edited by blue_water