MSC Seaside, do I need an electrical converter

jeanico

If you mean plug in to charge, there are both US and European outlets in the cabins. I can't remember what is in the bathroom (and that might vary by the type of cabin you have), so not sure if you can plug in while using. But charging will not be a problem.

I do not remember any outlets in the bathroom.  I had to blow dry (I recommend bringing your own if you have long or thick hair) and flat iron my hair at the vanity table outside of the bathroom.  We had a balcony cabin.  I could definitely be wrong though.  American style outlets in the cabin though for charging, no adapter required.

Sorry if this is a stupid question but if there is a US style outlet, (negating the need for an adapter)  can I assume it provides 110V, (thus also negating the need for a converter?)  My hairdryer is not dual voltage and apparently using a converter will break it, according to the manufacturer.

Edited by Kittinfeld
spelling

11 minutes ago, Kittinfeld said:

Sorry if this is a stupid question but if there is a US style outlet, (negating the need for an adapter)  can I assume it provides 110V, (thus also negating the need for a converter?)  My hairdryer is not dual voltage and apparently using a converter will break it, according to the manufacturer.

Interesting point, yes voltage converters do (rather inextricable)  break hair dryers, curlers and in particular straighteners or flat irons. And it doesn't matter which way you are converting your voltage. 

So yes, there are a pair of 120v North American receptacles, and there is also a ships hair dryer in the desk drawer. I'll  attach a picture too.

FB_IMG_1546432152976.jpg

6 minutes ago, ssmea03 said:

Interesting point, yes voltage converters do (rather inextricable)  break hair dryers, curlers and in particular straighteners or flat irons. And it doesn't matter which way you are converting your voltage. 

So yes, there are a pair of 120v North American receptacles, and there is also a ships hair dryer in the desk drawer. I'll  attach a picture too.

FB_IMG_1546432152976.jpg

Ok good!  Thanks for the picture, looks like USB ports as well?