Changes in Specialty Dining

FYI for people with cruises booked way in advance: 

I don’t think I would normally have thought about booking dining 10 months in advance, but last fall while I was looking into cruise planner options for our March cruise I checked out our August 2019 Ovation at the same time.  I got lucky and booked 4 night dining packages for all of us at $100 each.  There were 3, 4, 5 night and unlimited packages available back then. The 4 night package disappeared months ago and now the 3 night fluctuates between $99 and $89. 

So yes the options are constantly changing and it’s worth checking out the cruise planner very early. 

I can only speak to the refund portion of your question.  My father had to pay for my children before hand to get them a reservation spot (a chair at the table) prior to being on the ship.  This was to make sure we had the right table size.  Just waiting until you get on is not the best way to handle the situation.  However, our waiter was able to refund the amount for the kids without us going to guest services.

One last caveat though.  My father was in a different room than my boys and when it was refunded it went to the kids sea pass accounts not his.  

• Like 1

For us the BOGO 2 night package is enough. I really only care about Chops and Giovanni's. I really don't mind the first two nights on specialty. On our  Med 7 night we return from a tour the second night and it only serves snacks so going to the Specialty restaurant will be nice after the tour.

9 minutes ago, Shacky316 said:

Can one make reservations for specific restaurants/times prior to the cruise if you purchased a three night package?  Or do I have to book onboard?  Since we are in a suite, would concierge assist?

All dining package reservations must be made onboard.

On 5/7/2019 at 4:05 AM, rattla said:

Haven’t seen any dinning packages ever for sale for our August sailing on Oasis - do they tend to sell out early?  I(I booked about 5 months before sailing)

We are on a June sailing of the Oasis and there has never been a dining package offered. I called Royal to ask about it. They said "just keep watching your cruise planner". That was very helpful, LOL.