Bringing Own Food On-Board At Embarkation???

Bo1953

Hello all - just wondering if anyone has done this before???

I think my challenge would be heating it up until I make friends with someone in OVC....

Just a whim... or thought, since I Am a vegan and do prefer a variety of preparations....

bon appetite and bon voyage

If it is prepared non perishable packaged food you may be able to bring it on board but I would check before hand with celebrity.    I think that even if you were allowed and did make friends in the OVC, they wouldn’t be allowed to warm up your food.  I’m pretty sure public health regulations are quite strict about them handling food items not sourced by them and I would also think it would expose the line to all sorts of liability should any of the food be spoiled etc.  

My youngest daughter is vegan so I understand your challenge but I would think the cruiseline would be able to prepare meals for you.  I would have a notation placed on your booking ahead of time and then arrange to speak with the maître’d on board.  

14 minutes ago, coldweathergirl said:

If it is prepared non perishable packaged food you may be able to bring it on board but I would check before hand with celebrity.    I think that even if you were allowed and did make friends in the OVC, they wouldn’t be allowed to warm up your food.  I’m pretty sure public health regulations are quite strict about them handling food items not sourced by them and I would also think it would expose the line to all sorts of liability should any of the food be spoiled etc.  

My youngest daughter is vegan so I understand your challenge but I would think the cruiseline would be able to prepare meals for you.  I would have a notation placed on your booking ahead of time and then arrange to speak with the maître’d on board.  

c - yes X does generally cater to my food desires, but I find that beyond night three (3) the chef lacks imagination, shall I say and I know it is due to the limitations on what they carry on-board...

Just had a flash, if I could bring aboard some of my own to supplement what they prepare, I will be all set... LOL

Thank you for your thoughts...

1 minute ago, Bo1953 said:

c - yes X does generally cater to my food desires, but I find that beyond night three (3) the chef lacks imagination, shall I say and I know it is due to the limitations on what they carry on-board...

Just had a flash, if I could bring aboard some of my own to supplement what they prepare, I will be all set... LOL

Thank you for your thoughts...

I’m sure if you brought several of your favourite recipes or suggestions they could create some fabulous dishes for you.   I think sometimes people make vegan cooking more difficult than it needs to be because they don’t totally have their head wrapped around it.  

• Like 1