Tickets for tendering- how does it work?

kcmom

Hello,

We've never sailed on Carnival before but are looking forward to it this March. I have some private shore excursions booked. I know that many people prefer to book through the ship, but we had some things we wanted to try that aren't offered through the ship.

In reading the boards, it appears that Carnival does not allow passengers with private excursions to get off the boat first. Could someone tell me how this works? Can I still get a ticket for the tender? I understand the priority thing, I guess, but I haven't seen this on RCCL. Everyone just went down and stood in line and got on a tender. Nobody checked tickets or anything. Suggestions for getting off the boat as quickly as possible when I am allowed?

kcmom

To possibly answer any questions for tendering into George Town-

We went down early to wait for a tender for GT, and had to wait about 20 minutes. They let the people on CCL excursions go first, which was really no big deal. If the ship arrives on time, and you're on the first couple of tenders, there really isn't anything to do in town. Things seem to open up on shore at around 8:30 local time, an hour later than ship time. Just an observation (I could have had another bloody or screwdriver onboard instead of walking around looking at closed shops:D )

I've seen it done two differrent ways. Those with early a.m. tours booked thru the ship will use their tour tickets to get priority tendering, or they will sometimes meet somewhere on the ship and get a teder ticket which is usually a color coded sticker you place on your shirt. No worries, if you are a little late getting off the ship, chances are others in the private tours are as well. Tour operators are used to this, they will wait for you.

Archived