Discovery: Cabin Z002 - What is this?

I have booked a last minute cruise on Discovery leaving in a week's time.  The cabin is minimum of Z002 on deck 2/3 and no cabin number is notified in my confirmation yet.

I understand that is assigned last minute - possibly on the day of departure.

My investigation show that decks 2 and 3 have a combination of porthole and picture window.  Can anyone confirm what Z002 is and any advice on how I can get onto floor 3 not 2.

Thanks for your help.

Your cabin  number will be given to you when you arrive at the airport check in.  The only way you can guarantee being on deck 3 is to pre book your cabin. Our first cruise on Discovery was deck 2, we hadn't  pre booked our cabin and took pot luck. However we loved it.  We were quite near the gangplank, very convenient to drop our bags off after a trip out.

4 hours ago, alid said:

I have booked a last minute cruise on Discovery leaving in a week's time.  The cabin is minimum of Z002 on deck 2/3 and no cabin number is notified in my confirmation yet.

I understand that is assigned last minute - possibly on the day of departure.

My investigation show that decks 2 and 3 have a combination of porthole and picture window.  Can anyone confirm what Z002 is and any advice on how I can get onto floor 3 not 2.

Thanks for your help.

Z002 isn't the number of a particular cabin.  At this late stage you won't be able to pre-book a particular cabin/deck (can only be done up to 15 days before departure) so you will find out where you are when you get to your departure airport.  We have stayed on deck 2 three times and love it - quiet and has the gangway most often used.

5 hours ago, dronnygirl said:

Your cabin  number will be given to you when you arrive at the airport check in.  The only way you can guarantee being on deck 3 is to pre book your cabin. Our first cruise on Discovery was deck 2, we hadn't  pre booked our cabin and took pot luck. However we loved it.  We were quite near the gangplank, very convenient to drop our bags off after a trip out.

O.M.G.  you will walk the gang plank (pirates of the Caribbean) very nautical.😎