12:15 flight out of IAH. Doable?

We are sailing on Liberty of the Seas 8/15 and returning 9/1.  We are currently trying to book our flights and having troubles finding one that gets home Sunday night that leaves in the afternoon.  The latest one we are seeing in 12:15.  Is that doable?  Pretty open to travel options from the port to IAH. Had originally intended to rent a car.  HOU is not an option as airlines that service our home airport do not fly there. 

We got off Liberty two Sundays ago.  We got up early, ate breakfast in the dining room, went back to the cabin and got our bags, rolled our own bags off and were standing on the sidewalk at 8:05 after having gone through Customs.  We live on Lake Conroe and we were back in Conroe proper at 9:30.  Took the east loop around Houston and I was shocked at how little traffic there was.  IAH is a good bit closer than Conroe and even with having to return a rent car you should have plenty of time.  I mean, that’s 3 hours.  And I had to walk about 3 blocks to my truck at EZ Cruise Parking (outside) and return to the terminal and pick up my wife and bags before hitting the road home.  If you park indoors at Galveston Park N Cruise it’s even closer.  Just don’t leave your bags outside for the cruise lines to take to the terminal.  Very easy.

• Like 1

I assume your looking at Enterprise in Galveston.  Just an FYI...back attge end of March we we got off the LOS, we’re one of 60 reservations they had for that Sunday.  Took 30-40 minutes to get our car. Very easy to drop off car at IAH. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, fdthird said:

I assume your looking at Enterprise in Galveston.  Just an FYI...back attge end of March we we got off the LOS, we’re one of 60 reservations they had for that Sunday.  Took 30-40 minutes to get our car. Very easy to drop off car at IAH. 

Yes I have a reservation to pick up a car at 8:30 but will be trying to get there earlier.  I am hoping we are one of the 1st there.  It will only be $40 so much cheaper than a shuttle for the two of us

4 minutes ago, fdthird said:

Wow...that’s a great price. We paid close to $200!

Yes I have a really great discount code through my work for Enterprise - I got lucky.  It is $55 for the 24th and $39 for the 1st.