CruiseNext Certificates

wardwhitty

I have a CruiseNext Certificate I bought a couple of years ago and was wondering if I have to cruise within 4 years or book within 4 years.  I thought I saw somewhere that NCL will let you extend for an additional year.  Does any one have experience with this?

On 5/10/2019 at 11:07 AM, wardwhitty said:

I have a CruiseNext Certificate I bought a couple of years ago and was wondering if I have to cruise within 4 years or book within 4 years.  I thought I saw somewhere that NCL will let you extend for an additional year.  Does any one have experience with this?

I would call them.  I have seen on this forum that some people have successful if they wanted to book a cruise.  Good luck.

I remember asking that question when I bought my certificates in December 2017. My understanding was that the cruise needed to be booked within the time limit, but not necessarily sailed. In fact, here's the statement from my confirmation letter:

• CruiseNext Deposits are valid for one stateroom for new reservations of 6 days or longer made within 4 years from the date of purchase.

That reads to me that the reservation must be made within the valid time frame. I just used four certificates to book two staterooms during the double up period. Used two for our room and gifted two to our travel buddies. Easy peasy.

On 5/14/2019 at 11:02 PM, croozer2B said:

I just used four certificates to book two staterooms during the double up period. Used two for our room and gifted two to our travel buddies. Easy peasy.

Can you tell me about the "double up"?  I just received a message about my cruise next certificate and he said something about Doubling but I don't know what that means.  Can you usually only use one Cruise Next per stateroom?  TIA

Just now, TenForward said:

Can you tell me about the "double up"?  I just received a message about my cruise next certificate and he said something about Doubling but I don't know what that means.  Can you usually only use one Cruise Next per stateroom?  TIA

Generally you can use two CruiseNext certificates on a Balcony or above when booking more than 6 months out. For a long while now (like almost a year?) they've been running a promo that allows you to use two certificates on a Balcony or above even inside of 6 months. You can still only use one certificate on an Ocean View, Inside, or Studio room.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/16/2019 at 11:48 AM, TenForward said:

My understanding is the same as Jamie's.  Generally you can use only one, but are allowed to use two in certain circumstances. If you contact NCL cruise consultants they will guide you through using the certificates.

Edited by croozer2B