Charleston parking and terminal questions

cruisinmems

We are considering a cruise from Charleston.  The new (I think old as well) says you must stop at the luggage tent to drop off luggage.  But the FAQ says you are allowed to carry on your luggage.

We always carry on ALL our luggage (FL ports) and at Charleston our luggage would be 1 large (25" bag) each person.

Can someone answer know...

1.  What do you do if you carry on your luggage?  Tell the luggage tent you intend to carry on your luggage.

2.  Are the luggage scanners the same size as the FL ports which a 25" bag will go thru the scanner.

Thanks.

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 3:42 PM, InitialD said:

We've been out of Charleston on the Fantasy-class ship but will be going on the Sunshine later this year. I wonder how parking will be impacted with a larger ship docking there. 

We sailed on Sunshine a few years ago from Charleston when she was doing test runs and had no issues parking at the port. As others have said, you do get in a line that winds around until you give your luggage, park, and then take a shuttle a very short distance to the terminal (security reasons we were told). We also had no problems getting dropped off near our car at debarkation.  We just followed the signs once we got into Charleston and for us, it seemed pretty easy. Of course, we have not driven and parked at any other ports since we typically must travel and stay at hotels, so let them do it for us. So I have nothing else to compare it to.....maybe it is much easier at other ports.

I would also like some clarification on the "carry on" luggage size. We're planning on being dropped off, and the port instructions say if you're dropped off it is at the luggage tent of you have the option of either using the shuttle or walking to the terminal. Is that still the case? Carnival's site says you can carry on any bags smaller than 24x16, with no limit on length while the Port of Charleston instructions say they have to be airline sized carry-ons. Which is it? There are three of us and we all have a single rolling suitcase each, so we were planning to just carry on since we have FTTF.