Hawaiian night dress code...

Mabers

I think I read that one night on Mariner 7 day is a Hawaiian theme. The only outfit I have that is remotely Hawaiian has capri pants as the bottom half. Would this be suitable or a no-no??

M.

About the only people that dress for the theme nights are the members of the cruise directors staff. You will find very few passengers that have brought anything special for those nights. Wear whatever you're got and dont waste any money on a new outfit and don't waste time or space packing anything special.

Actually, I've seen lots of folks dress specially for "hawaiian night" because they already have a hawaiian shirt with them. Since "hawaiian" isn't so much a dress code as a theme night, capri pants will be perfect. If you don't have a hawaiian shirt, stop by a party store if there's one near you, and spend $5 and pick up a lei or a something if you feel like it - it's completely optional and you won't feel out of place at all if you're not "dressed up".

The "theme night" that I never understood was Country Western night. Granted, I'm in the mid-Atlantic and don't own any Western garb. Perhaps if you sail from Galveston (Texas) there are a lot more folks with the requisite outfits.

Archived