VALENTINES ANYONE? Will be in Key West....

Mike,

Call the Wyndham Casa Marina Hotel in Key West. They have a nice private beach and some great tables overlooking the water and pier.

I'd bet for a price you can get a table set outside for dinner and that'd be a great escape from Duval and the crowds at Mallory Square.

Also, Flaglers is in the hotel, and the history of the building and the railroad tycoon Flagler family is evident.

We've cruised to Key West on the Rhapsody and flew there as well. The Wyndham is a nice place, check their website at http://www.casamarinaresort.com/dining/

If that's not an option then several more places at the marina are good, just Google Key West and make a choice based on your cuisine likes.

We took a daytime walk that ended back after dark and Duval had changed!

Ya gotta do one more thing, if you are looking at 50 like me then head to Captain Tonys and get a t-shirt. The bar is famous for many reasons, but one in particular. Any Parrot Head will tell you the first line in Last Mango in Paris from Jimmy Buffett will make this place seem at home. The beer is cold, the atmosphere is fun and I remember parts of the visit...

Never Kick a Fresh Cowchip on a Hot Day...

Lee in Houston

Archived