Cruising Southern Caribbean in Dec.

mustang67

I've cruised the Eastern and Western Caribbean both times in April and have encountered great weather and smooth sailing. Thinking of Southern out of San Juan and friends have said although the weather was great there is a lot of wave motion at sea. I know this is the tail end of hurricane season but is lots of wave action normal for late December? My option is to sail again in April.

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

Well we are taking our Honeymoon in April 2006 aboard the Norwegian Jewel. Is there anyone out there also going? I would love to meet you and get more information on the ship. It is my fiance's first cruise and our honeymoon, so I want to make it extra special for him. Any tips about the ship?:)

I've cruised the Eastern and Western Caribbean both times in April and have encountered great weather and smooth sailing. Thinking of Southern out of San Juan and friends have said although the weather was great there is a lot of wave motion at sea. I know this is the tail end of hurricane season but is lots of wave action normal for late December? My option is to sail again in April.

Thanks

I was on an eleven day southern Caribbean cruise over New Year's (we left Ft. Lauderdale Dec. 28th returning Jan 8th. I'm prone to sea sickness, but this was very calm. We did have some waves (I have sailed the north Atlantic on my way to the Shetland Islands) in Princess Cays which cancelled our tender there. You should be fine....book it and enjoy.

we took our 3rd cruise this past december. it was out of puerto rico and we went to anigua, barbados, st. lucia and st. martaan. they say 3rd's the charm and i agree!!! it was the best itinerary and the best weather. the further south we went the hotter it got. and it was 80 when we left puerto rico!!!! so...for alnost guarenteed hot and sunny....take the southern route and as far as december....it was great!!!

Archived