TUI charter to Barbados

caber

It's a few years since we went to the Caribbean with P&O. We are on a charter flight to Barbados. Do you still get free food and drink on the flight and is it still an easy transit from the plane to ship?

Yes and yes.  Although unless in Premium the only drinks are non alcoholic ones served with the meals.  We generally feel the need to buy an extra tea or coffee at some point in the flight when they come round with the trolley. 

No need to collect luggage at the airport - it's bonded so is taken directly to the ship. Passengers get on the waiting buses for the port transfer without the need to go through the airport buildings to the buses - there may be a bit of a queue as the buses fill up and as there's no cover you can be out in the hot sun for a while, or, a tropical downpour!  But it's all very easy.

From the TUI website:

Long-haul flights

On our long-haul flights – of seven hours or more – you’ll get a main meal and a light refreshment before landing. Your main meal will be served with a complimentary soft, hot or alcoholic drink. And you can choose what type of meal you need when you book. What’s more, there’s still a snack service on offer, if you want to buy any extra bites. Check out our long-haul experience page for more.

Looks like an option of an alcoholic drink with your main meal on long haul (unless P&O have a different arrangement for TUI charters).  Premium seats have free drinks.

Highpeaklad - TUI cruises are indeed now all inclusive (as you say irrespective of cabin) but not sure this extends to flights especially as airlines are looking at abuse of drinking on flights and the problems that brings.

Edited by kruzseeka

I flew on a TUI Dreamliner to Barbados 3 weeks ago to start a Marella repositioning cruise back to the UK. Everyone had the option of an alcoholic drink with the meals but only premium had additional drinks available.

BTW TUI airline now has a 10kg carry on limit

we flew our to Barbados in March for the TA back to Southampton and the drinks were free I didn't see them do more than 2 bar trolley runs but they had no problem with you bobbing to the galley for top ups or asking for 2 drinks at a time very good service for us with TUI

On 5/19/2019 at 8:47 AM, davecttr said:

BTW TUI airline now has a 10kg carry on limit

Does that apply to the P&O Charters though. We have a TUI non-cruise flight in the Summer that has increased to 10Kg but wonder if the same will apply to the charters.

22 hours ago, bee-ess said:

Does that apply to the P&O Charters though. We have a TUI non-cruise flight in the Summer that has increased to 10Kg but wonder if the same will apply to the charters.

22 hours ago, bee-ess said:

We have a November flight to Barbados flying out tui still showing as 5kg 

weirdly we are flying back Thomas cook with a 10kg allowance 

• 2 years later...
15 minutes ago, JessicaB97 said:

Does anyone know how long it roughly takes to get from the airport to being on the ship? We land 4pm Barbados time on New Years Eve. Just wondered if we would have time to join in with NYE celebrations and the formal night.

thanks 

It takes about 40-60 mins travelling time depending on traffic. There will be a fleet of small buses waiting for you as you come down the aircraft steps. You do not go into the terminal. You check in alongside the ship in a shed. Your luggage will not arrive in your cabin for maybe a couple of hours.

Remember 4pm Barbados time is 8pm UK so it could be 10pm before you get to your cabin

Brian

Edited by BrianI

2 minutes ago, BrianI said:

It takes about 40-60 mins travelling time depending on traffic. There will be a fleet of small buses waiting for you as you come down the aircraft steps. You do not go into the terminal. You check in alongside the ship in a shed. Your luggage will not arrive in your cabin for maybe a couple of hours.

Brian

Thank you 😊

9 minutes ago, BrianI said:

Remember 4pm Barbados time is 8pm UK so it could be 10pm before you get to your cabin

Brian

Now I am confused 😂😂 

so you don’t think we will get to the cabin until 10pm Barbados time or 10pm UK time which will be 6pm Barbados time?

47 minutes ago, LynnForestgate said:

There seems to be so many people with alcohol on the brain.

That was 2 years ago, i have since had instructions from my liver to  modify my consumption - except at xmas and when on a cruise 🥳

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, JessicaB97 said:

Now I am confused 😂😂 

so you don’t think we will get to the cabin until 10pm Barbados time or 10pm UK time which will be 6pm Barbados time?

Sorry I wasn’t clear. I meant 10pm UK time (6pm Barbados time). Your body clock will still be on UK time so with all the travelling you will have done you will be very tired.

Brian

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JessicaB97 said:

Now I am confused 😂😂 

I think Brian was reminding you that by midnight you will be very tired as it will be 6.00am in UK. So assuming you got up at 6.00am for your flight the day before.........best have a little kip on the flight, you can then boogie till the early hours🍾

23 minutes ago, BrianI said:

Sorry I wasn’t clear. I meant 10pm UK time (6pm Barbados time). Your body clock will still be on UK time so with all the travelling you will have done you will be very tired.

Brian

Oh I see! Yes you’re probably right there actually! And plus we have an 8:45 excursion booked New Year’s Day to swim with turtles 😂 thank you 

18 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I think Brian was reminding you that by midnight you will be very tired as it will be 6.00am in UK. So assuming you got up at 6.00am for your flight the day before.........best have a little kip on the flight, you can then boogie till the early hours🍾

Haha yeah I understand now! 😂 I’m sure you’re right, we probably will be exhausted 😴 thank you 

10 minutes ago, JessicaB97 said:

Oh I see! Yes you’re probably right there actually! And plus we have an 8:45 excursion booked New Year’s Day to swim with turtles 😂 thank you 

Enjoy your excursion. That is my absolute favourite. The last couple of times, we booked direct with cool runnings. The look on the faces of the Sandy Lane guests when the trip boats moor up at the beach..........priceless.🤣

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, LynnForestgate said:

There seems to be so many people with alcohol on the brain.

What's this about...........?????   So many?  By my reckoning there's two of us quoted. I like Dave's response 🤣.   But as he says, these quotes are 2 years old - quite possibly no longer the case or relevant and genuine posts given in response to a fellow poster's query. 

What's more interesting is why someone would trawl back 2 years, dig out something out of context and try to make something of it.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, kruzseeka said:

What's this about...........?????   So many?  By my reckoning there's two of us quoted. I like Dave's response 🤣.   But as he says, these quotes are 2 years old - quite possibly no longer the case or relevant and genuine posts given in response to a fellow poster's query. 

What's more interesting is why someone would trawl back 2 years, dig out something out of context and try to make something of it.  

Most years we fly TUI to the Caribbean, either to a P&O cruise or a hotel stay. In premium there is plenty of alcohol. On the last one the very nice cabin steward gave us a few little bottles........for your cabin Sir.🤣

Edited by zap99