Drink package ?

Anniexrec

New to MSC. Booked first cruise on the Seaside with offer that included Easy Drink package.  I understand that this Drink package includes drinks up to 6$ 

1. Do I have to pay gratuities each time I order a drink?

2. If ordering a drink that is for exam 7.50, I am responsible to cover the difference plus gratuity ( 1.50 +15%)

3. If I upgrade to premium, 27.00 per night ( that would cover drinks up to 12.00 and will include gratuity)?  189.00 

1. No

2. 7.50 plus the 15%

3. Correct although some reports are saying if easy was part of the package then they are not allowing you to upgrade before the cruise although some debate over this and they may allow you to upgrade once on board

I think that MSC is just trying to offer something to suit a variety of budgets and drinks' requirements.  It means more choice for everyone:  Easy (budget), Premium (deluxe), PremiumPlus (luxury) and Non-Alcoholic (speaks for itself).  Personally, I'm in favour of the new packages.

• Like 2

I'm with you on this one Bea.

The old ones although better value in my opinion they didn't cater for people who don't drink lots of cocktails but still had to pay for them through the cost of the package

There was a price increase due, anyway, EM, as there hadn't been an increase in a couple of years.  I think the Premium is a great in-between package, not much more expensive than 431 used to be and cheaper than 432 was, with a very nice selection of drinks covered - especially the wines that were included in 432 and are still included in the new Premium.

Oh totally agree just happy we got 2 years of great drinks packages and got in before the changes in november for the june cruise so happy.

As long as the range of cocktails are still in there (which I know they are) my wife will be happy just got to decide on where to go next year. like the look of Dubai 7 nighter next December on Seaview(wait patiently for your review even though I know yours is YC isn't it)

That's right - a YC inside.  I wasn't going to do a review as we'll be near the end of the season, but I've found that doing reviews creates a record for me to look back on and reminds me of so many things that I tend to forget over time.  The funniest reminder I experienced only the other day when reading back thru' one of my reviews (I was looking for photos of menus for someone on the forum) is that we enjoyed Kaito Sushi on Poesia last September.  I have a tryptic package booked which includes Kaito and I wasn't looking forward to that - I am now!  🙄

I don't like sushi either, EM;   like you, I've tried it (in Oriental Plaza on Magnifica).  However, I had a fried rice dish in Kaito Sushi with chunks of chicken which was very tasty, followed by teriyaki beef and banana tempura, which was so much nicer than what I'd had in Oriental Plaza.  The menus are in the following thread if you're interested:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2586365-our-poesia-cruise-experience-september-2018/?tab=comments#comment-55766386

image.thumb.png.30c559b3c35dfadcaf4c766d65d7fb13.png

image.thumb.png.6f77354dc343e5c00d37ad251c296bf8.png