Luminae for Omnis and Vegans on the Constellation

tjunmin

In our cruise on the Millennium last year, unfortunately I noticed a significant decline in terms of food quality at Luminae compared to my previous cruises. I'm glad to report that in my most recent cruise on the Constellation, which finished earlier this month, the staff at Luminae restored my confidence in their ability to deliver a superior dining experience on board.

Generally speaking, the food preparation and taste were better, mostly for cooked foods, not as much for desserts. Unfortunately the kitchen had an issue with the kielbasa sausage on board, where the texture was way off; the kitchen was aware of the issue and unfortunately could not address it until the ship was restocked. One of my favorite lunch desserts is the Olive Oil Cremeux Pudding, which is generally a delightful light cream with delicate flavor, but which on this sailing turned into a heavy gloppy curd. Special thanks to Swaraj, whose consistent outstanding service made our experience at Luminae a delight.

My spouse is vegan and based on our experience over the years, Luminae has been the best venue on board Celebrity ships to cater to vegan dietary needs. On the first day of the cruise, my spouse usually approaches the Luminae sous-chef and requests nutritionally balanced vegan meals throughout the voyage. The Luminae sous-chef on board the Constellation delivered delicious imaginative dishes for both lunch and dinner on a daily basis. Given the sous-chef's ethnical background, many dishes were South Asian inspired. For breakfast, Swaraj learned in the first few days what my spouse wanted, and from that point on he ensured that my spouse was taken care of.

Photos of Luminae's regular and vegan offerings can be viewed here [link].

• Like 1

Thank you for your post. I've found it difficult to get veggies in Luminae, now I know to ask in advance. Often times if something came with a vegetable I would just ask for a plate of that veg. We will be on the Constellation this summer so  I will definitely execute your strategy. Thanks again.

Wow! The photos of the vegan food are excellent. My vegan niece travelled with us on Solstice 3 years ago and Luminae food was lacking to say the least despite numerous requests. Salad, veg and fruit. She appealed to see if they could add a few nuts!! Murano said they couldn’t really accommodate her so we had to cancel the booking a day before we were due to eat there. She is due to sail with us again next July on Infinity so I guess we just ask to speak to the chef on Day 1 and maybe mention it in advance when the Shoreside concierge gets in touch with us. Hopefully 3 years has made a difference in the attitude to vegans!

14 hours ago, Ayton lady said:

Wow! The photos of the vegan food are excellent. My vegan niece travelled with us on Solstice 3 years ago and Luminae food was lacking to say the least despite numerous requests. Salad, veg and fruit. She appealed to see if they could add a few nuts!! Murano said they couldn’t really accommodate her so we had to cancel the booking a day before we were due to eat there. She is due to sail with us again next July on Infinity so I guess we just ask to speak to the chef on Day 1 and maybe mention it in advance when the Shoreside concierge gets in touch with us. Hopefully 3 years has made a difference in the attitude to vegans!

Pavel, the Michael's Club concierge currently onboard the Constellation, was extremely helpful, offering the utmost service to suite guests. He arranged to have a plate of mixed nuts delivered daily to our suite throughout the length of the cruise for my spouse's dietary needs.

Edited by tjunmin