Differences - Princess vs Costa

Cruise2End

We did Costa in Europe because of the Ports and pricing.  But comparison-wise we are not "sold" on Costa.  In Europe, the only time you received "free" coffee was at breakfast and other time you had to pay. Americans received free water at dinner so that was a plus but Americans were in the minority. Definitely catered to non US but because of pricing and ports, we accepted this.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, steelers36 said:

I have to ask... did you not investigate/research Costa before booking with them?

Yes, however there’s very little info out there about Costa in comparison to the other lines - sorry for any inconvenience caused. 

I was going to preface my comments by saying something positive  about loving any day at sea but I don't want to be criticized for my simplistic attitude. 

I have been on both Princess and Costa as well as Cunard, Holland, NCL and Celebrity.    I chose the Costa cruise based on itinerary and price.  The ship went to ports not visited by other lines such as Tortola, Grand Turk, San Lucia and Guadalupe.  I also enjoy trying new things so thought the change would be fun.  Unfortunately, it was our least favorite cruise line.  The ship itself was lovely, but our cabin was dreary (balcony) and the food mostly inedible.  I don't eat meat so I chose a lot of pasta, which was dreadful.  My husband said the meat was fine but overall, not his favorite.  The actual crew members were helpful and did a great job. 

Cruising is subjective, as is anything in life, but if asked my opinion, I would sail Princess anytime, anywhere, but not Costa.  Hope you enjoy whatever you choose.  

• Haha 1