Cave Tubing - Grand Princess

MSN-Travelers

I know Grand Princess has extended its stay at Belize for the last couple sailings. Prior to that, did any of you that booked an independent tour feel rushed in order to get back to the ship before it was scheduled to sail at 1:30 PM?

Did you stay in Belize Longer ??

If so until what time ,

we arrive 6:30 AM and leave 1:30 pm It is a crunch , why !!!!

ANNE

Did you stay in Belize Longer ??

If so until what time ,

we arrive 6:30 AM and leave 1:30 pm It is a crunch , why !!!!

ANNE

The Grand has experienced technical problems with a couple generators that produce power for the propulsion units. Top speed for the ship was reduced to the point where they couldn't make it to Grand Cayman and still get back to Galveston on time. Princess has changed the itinerary for the last three or four sailings. They have stayed at Belize until six or seven in the evening, skipped Grand Caman and gone to Playa del Carmen instead (and given every passenger a $75 onboard credit). They don't officially tell you about the change until after you board the ship. I have seen some chatter that indicates they hope to be back on the original published itinerary very soon.

Kinda tough to plan independent excursions. :confused:

I just called princess cruise at there 1-800 princess , They did not have any report of a problem with the ship so maybe the problem has been fixed or like you said they are not saying , So I guess we will have to just plan and hope all will be well ,We did go ahead and booked with reggie tours I hope we will get there to enjoy it ,

Thanks for your info

OH PS

I see you like Beer Brats and Cheese so you must be a Packers fan ,

I must admit I would Cheer for the Vikings as I'm from there Turf, BUT

Not this year I'm a bit disapointed in them as far as morals are concerned , They need to set a better example to our young future football players and others

Oh well back to the Cruise , Enjoy your upcoming cruise and we will enjoy ours

ANNE

From all of the postings Ive read,calling Princess does no good,they dont know anything..

I know the Grand Cayman port was to resume this week,but they changed again and the ship is going to PDC instead with longer time in Belize.I know a few ppl were emailed about the change by their TA. I go this coming saturday,so Im hoping the change is still happening.

I have booked cave tubing with Yhony,and he said that since the change,he has been offerring a second cave tubing at no extra charge.But,insist there is plenty of time to do the one cave plus eat afterwards(if the old schedule is used) and have about an hour of shopping before the last tender..

Dot

We are on the Grand's 4/8 sailing and I worried about getting back on time too, but when I emailed Yhonny, he said that it was not an issue as long as we got on as early a tender as possible. I also realized that since the Grand is the earliest ship in port by 3 or 4 hours, everyone on our tour should be from the Grand so we all need to get back.

Personally, I would rather do another cave than eat. There is plenty of food back on the ship.

I have been to Grand Cayman many times so I would also prefer to extend our stay in Belize and go to PDC rather than Grand Cayman, but, of course, we do not get to vote.

Archived