Bear Tours, Neet's Bay through Cruise ship, or Anan through Island Wings?

lovethecaribbean31

I am looking into tours to watch the bears. The cruise ship offers two--one to Neet's Bay, and one to somewhere in the Tongass Forest, but it doesn't specify where. I am also thinking about Anan through Island Wings. We will be there the first week of August. I'm wondering which of these is better. Also, if we went to Neets with the cruise ship there is one that starts a little earlier in the morning than the other--would either of these time slots be better than the other? Thanks for your advice!

Hands down Anan. No question about it. Fish hatchery bears at Neets Bay or wild bears at Anan. I would never go on a bear tour where they didn't disclose the location in advance. That's just not a good idea. Traitors Cove out of Ketchikan is also another good location. Southeast Aviation and Family Air as well as others also go to Anan. Permits are limited so make your reservations early.

Archived