Is BX obstructed view ?

dipan0000

Hello,

I am looking to book Norwegian Joy from Seattle, for Alaska for May 25. If I have to choose balcony, I see it starts with two options. Others are more expensive
Guaranteed Cabin in Category BX - $2447 (for 3)
Guaranteed Cabin in Category BF - $2835 (for 3)

If we choose BX, is that obstructed view ? Or it may or may not ? I am trying to save some money, but also I don't want to get a blocked balcony.

Thanks

BX can be assigned any balcony cabin on the ship. The reason it is cheaper than the BF guarantee is that it does not include any Free at Sea Perks. Is 3rd & 4th guest free one of the available perks on your sailing? If so, it could actually save you money to book 3 people in the BF versus the BX.

PS: I don't believe there are any obstructed view balconies on the Joy. The life boats are tucked into the side of the ship, so even on Deck 8 or 9, you wouldn't be looking down onto them.

That is nice, if there is no block views in their balconies.

I was confused because their "Sail Away Balcony" says "Sail Away Balcony stateroom guarantees you’ll receive a Balcony stateroom or better! Please note that your view may be partially or fully obstructed". 

Free things it says - "Includes Free Unlimited Open Bar, Shore Excursion Credits, Specialty Dining, WiFi, and Friends & Family Sail Free.' Though they have added $308 as gratuities.

When I proceed further in booking option, it gives me "BF - 10130". Looks like, they will assign it now only and no obstruction in this balcony ?

6 hours ago, dipan0000 said:

Hello,

I am looking to book Norwegian Joy from Seattle, for Alaska for May 25. If I have to choose balcony, I see it starts with two options. Others are more expensive
Guaranteed Cabin in Category BX - $2447 (for 3)
Guaranteed Cabin in Category BF - $2835 (for 3)

If we choose BX, is that obstructed view ? Or it may or may not ? I am trying to save some money, but also I don't want to get a blocked balcony.

Thanks

A BX cabin can be ANY cabin on the ship balcony or better.

3 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

BX can be assigned any balcony cabin on the ship. The reason it is cheaper than the BF guarantee is that it does not include any Free at Sea Perks. Is 3rd & 4th guest free one of the available perks on your sailing? If so, it could actually save you money to book 3 people in the BF versus the BX.

PS: I don't believe there are any obstructed view balconies on the Joy. The life boats are tucked into the side of the ship, so even on Deck 8 or 9, you wouldn't be looking down onto them.

Actually it CAN be any cabin on the ship balcony or better.

1 hour ago, dipan0000 said:

That is nice, if there is no block views in their balconies.

I was confused because their "Sail Away Balcony" says "Sail Away Balcony stateroom guarantees you’ll receive a Balcony stateroom or better! Please note that your view may be partially or fully obstructed". 

Free things it says - "Includes Free Unlimited Open Bar, Shore Excursion Credits, Specialty Dining, WiFi, and Friends & Family Sail Free.' Though they have added $308 as gratuities.

When I proceed further in booking option, it gives me "BF - 10130". Looks like, they will assign it now only and no obstruction in this balcony ?

It looks like you've selected category BF, not Sail Away.  If you select Sail Away, you will not get any perks, not be charged any additional gratuities, and not get to select a specific stateroom.