Transportation Miami Port to FLL

TAB

If we were to reserve a car service to take us from the Port of Miami to FLL for a 1:00 PM flight, what time should we ask the driver to pick us up at the port? :confused:

Thanks for any info.

For those expecting a taxi - do get off the ship in the first wave of pax to leave the cabs do start thinning out later in the morning. For those with limo transport I would tell them 10:00am and again do your best to be in one of the first groups to leave the ship. The line out and customs can take as much as an hour. We waited to get off the Triumph last year and were near the rear of the line it took us about an hour and a half from the gangway to outside the terminal with our luggage.

palmtre2 for your assistance. I was wondering for awhile if, for some unknown reason, this was a really hard question for folks since it seemd LOTS of others took the time to read my post but no one bothered to take a minute to respond (even though I'm sure some of the many who read it knew the answer). I myself have never cruised RCC and didn't want to book a car for too early or too late when there is money involved. I thought the (helpful?) people on here would lend me a hand! Guess I overestimated the kindness of (some of) the posters on this site - that is until you came along. I think people forget they were once new to cruising too.........

:D Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if any of the limo or shuttle services have any arrangements to form group transportation from the Miami Port to Ft. Lauderdale Airport? I don't know if that makes sense, but basically any one interested in joing others in the transporation would add their name to the list.

Next Cruise: Sun 3/18/06

Celebrity Mercury, Mexican Riviera 2005

NCL Spirit, Alaska 2004

Carnival Ecstasy, Baja Mexican 2003

We too are sailing out of Port of Miami but the plane flys out of Fort Lauderdale. We have no idea what a taxi would cost. If anyone knows would love to hear. It is 2 adults, 1 child & a baby. Also I was trying to look at shuttles...like SuperShuttle. I THINK they pick up from the port but not sure. It is all so confusing. A limo would be great but concerned about the price.

These questions are all in a similar vein to what is already being asked so thought I would chime in too.

It sounds like pickup time should be 10 am but other than that I don't understand options or prices. Yikes. We are sailing next month.

This may help....If your looking for ground transportation from the port of Miami to FLL Airport. We just got off the Valor on Jan 22. What we did was went to the pursers desk and bought tickets for Greyhound. $20 a person (one way) That was so convenient & cheaper then a Taxi. (depending on how may people are splitting the taxi fare) There are 4 buses sitting there when you get outside & more are in route. Hope this information helps.

I would go to airport website (just do a google search) They always have a transportation section. Usually they will list the cab fares from airport to port. Also they will link you with limo services.

In trying to estimate time, you need to factor in the worst scenario getting off the ship...about 2 hours. Then factor in traffic to airport....if it is a hour away, figure 90 mins.....then make sure you are at the airport at least 90 minutes before flight takes off. This is why the travel agents always suggest booking flights after 1 pm.

We too are sailing out of Port of Miami but the plane flys out of Fort Lauderdale. We have no idea what a taxi would cost. If anyone knows would love to hear. It is 2 adults, 1 child & a baby.

Texasmommy, a cab would run between $75-$85

Also I was trying to look at shuttles...like SuperShuttle. I THINK they pick up from the port but not sure. It is all so confusing. A limo would be great but concerned about the price.

You can pick up a shuttle from Tri-County Airport Express for $18pp http://www.floridalimo.com/Pages/sharedr.html

When you arrive at the airport, collect your luggage and go outside the baggage claim area, lower level, curbside, contact one of our starters (customer services reps.) wearing a white shirt with "AIRPORT EXPRESS" in red on the back of the shirt and an emblem on the sleeve and over the breast pocket. Let the starter know what service you are interested in and he/she will assist you.

Can anyone on here suggest a car service/limo service to pick you up at Miami port and take you to Ft. Lauderdale Airmport, and an approx cost if available.

Also, are there any rental car companies at/near port? Or is the option to take a car rental shuttle to MIA to then drive to FLL?

Thanks!

Can anyone on here suggest a car service/limo service to pick you up at Miami port and take you to Ft. Lauderdale Airmport, and an approx cost if available.

Tri County has sedans http://www.floridalimo.com/Pages/private.html and Larrys Limo Service offers both sedans and limo's http://larryslimo.com/ both are very reputable and reliable with many positive reviews on the CC boards. Both are local favorites. ;)

Also, are there any rental car companies at/near port? Or is the option to take a car rental shuttle to MIA to then drive to FLL?

Thanks!

There's an Avis office downtown 5 minutes from the port http://avis.com/AvisWeb/home/AvisHome

AVIS Downtown Miami - M6I

99 Southeast 2nd Street, (at Southeast 1st Avenue),

Miami, FL 33131

305-379-1317

Sun 08:00AM-04:00PM; Mon-Fri 08:00AM-06:00PM; Sat 08:00AM-04:00PM

The airport Avis location is 20 minutes away and it's open 24 hours.

Archived