Info on Labadee?

jeast

Labadee is located on a Haitian peninsula. It is a private destination owned and run by the cruise line.

There is no charge for food. Drinks are priced as per the ship. Try a Coco Loco - they are the best!

Floating mats are $10. I htink the water park is $5, but I'm not sure. Someone will know.

The only downside about Labadee is that it gets very little wind, and the beach days can get very warm. But that's what the ocean is for!

Coco Loco's are a must have drink. I mean wow. :)

There are cabanas on the island for massages.

Ooooooooh! Can you describe where these are on the island? I don't recall seeing them, and would like to take advantage of them for sure on the next trip.

Thanks!

Tracy

Our first experience parasailing was on Labadee. Since it's run by RCCL staff we felt reasonably safe with it. It's pricey - I think it was $79 per person in 2004. But, we felt it was absolutely worth it. You go in tandem and it was incredible.

Keep in mind that the jet ski rental is actually a "tour". You go as a group and tour along the beach of the peninsula. At one point, some of the locals actually made their way out to the jetskis and were trying to sell artifacts. I believe it is pre-arranged as just about every had the same experience and the tour guides actually paused to allow the locals to meet up with the tour. You are not permitted to go off by your self, and there are governors limiting the speed of the jetskis. Supoosedly have to have a drivers' license to be the driver of a ski, although they didn't check. The older teens in our group were dissapointed with this tour.

There are other island that you will go to that will have jetski rentals that allow you more independence at a lower cost. If you are a beginner, this may not be a bad way to experience jetskiing.

Archived