Multiple S&S Accounts (Two Cabins) Question

alleghator

We are sailing with our adult children in two cabins (one for the parents and one for the children). We are planning to set up two S&S charge accounts, one for each cabin. We've never sailed with multiple cabins for our family before. I assume tips will be charged separately to each account (yes?). But, the four of us are all going to the Chef's Table dinner. I made the reservation for all of us. How will this be charged? Will all four be on my S&S account, since I reserved it? Or will it be split between the cabins?

I'm trying to make sure I put enough gift card credit on each account.

On 5/20/2019 at 11:32 AM, alleghator said:

We are sailing with our adult children in two cabins (one for the parents and one for the children). We are planning to set up two S&S charge accounts, one for each cabin.

On board S&S accounts are by person not cabin specific. A single person can allow charging privileges on their account to anyone on board at the time, you do not even need to have booked together. Conversely each individual on your booking can set up their own S&S account with the funding method of their choice and allow whomever they want to be part of the account unless that person is already part of someone else's account. As you do the online check-in you will see the choices available to you, and can edit these choices right up to 11:59pm eastern time the night before embarkation.

If on board spending will be part of your cruising gift to anyone and they are on your "master" account cruise long spending limits can be placed on the individual S&S folio number. Also to note is there is spending an individual wants to do on the ship, but you do not wish to pay for or it exceeds you cruise long limit when doing a "master" or "joint" style account each individual can also deposit cash, cruise cash, or Carnival gift cards to their S&S account to cover that spending.

I assume tips will be charged separately to each account (yes?).

This all depends on how you set it up. If you allow others to charge on your "master" account all automatic daily gratuities will be charged to you. If there is 1 "master" account per cabin the daily auto-grats for those passengers will be charged to each individual "master" account. If each individual has their own personally funded no others allowed to charge against S&S accounts their portion of the daily auto-grats will be billed to their on board account. If it is decided that your cabin wants a "joint" S&S account and the cabin with the each adult kid wanting individual accounts, all of your cabin's auto-grats will be charge against the "joint" account, but those in the other cabin will have the auto-grats charged to their individual accounts.

Here's a thought, if you want to pay their auto-grats you have until 48 hours prior to your embarkation day to contact the customer service number on your booking confirmation to this or in your Crise Manager. There is no need to do this prior to the final cruise payment date. This will reduce the amount of the the amount charged on board. Each cabin's full amount of the daily automated gratuities will be need to be paid in full at the time of the call. There is no discount for doing this, but if a price increase is made after you have prepaid then there is no responsibility to pay the difference.

But, the four of us are all going to the Chef's Table dinner. I made the reservation for all of us. How will this be charged? Will all four be on my S&S account, since I reserved it? Or will it be split between the cabins?

If they handle this the same as any of the in restaurant specialty dining, when it comes time to pay you can indicate how you want he charges split. If you want to pay for all just indicate which guests are included, if you want to just pay for certain members of your family group tell them who and the others can decide how they want to split the remaining "check".

I'm trying to make sure I put enough gift card credit on each account.

There are several ways to avoid having to gauge in advance how much gift spending to offer to the others for their on board accounts. There is no set reason to have to purchase cruise cash (which is non-refundable) or buy Carnival gift cards (refundable but as a new gift card) or even allow them charging access to a "master" or "joint" S&S account, especially if you don't want to fund all the spending of others in the booking. One of the easiest is to prepay everything as you can afford to do so prior to the cruise, which will be the most accurate way to pay for only the experiences you want to fund. Excursions, daily auto-grats, in cabin gifts (including beverage bottle/can set-ups), and if you choose to cover beverage, picture, or internet packages, all can be bought in your Cruise Manage in some cases right up to 11:59pm eastern the night before the cruise. The only outliers will be things like specialty dining and spa appointments which are not actually paid for until the experience occurs, though if payment is prompted for at the time of reservation or appointment a credit for the service will be placed on the passenger's account indicated at the time of ordering. Any of these prepaid experience can be cancelled if need be, some may have to be before leaving on the cruise but many others can be removed or adjusted once on board as long as there is 24 hours prior to excursion, appointment, or meal.

• Like 1

Like I said in the specialty restaurants they do give a check at the end of the meal, this will include the the total for the private  table (at fee beverages will be charged as you go just like at bar). But with the Chef's Table you are sharing the table with others not on your bookings reservation, so I'm not entirely sure when they present the bill for the meal. It would be best to indicate if individuals in your own family will be paying their own when you meet the host of the event, if you are willing to pay for all on your reservation then don't worry about saying anything.

I have not personally done the Chef's Table, even though I know they can accommodate all of my food allergies, it just seems unfair that the overall menu or my meal itself would need to be adjusted to do so. Hopefully someone with recent experience will come along and correct my impression if there is an error in it.

• Like 1

When we did the Chef's table in February on the Sunshine the participants were all couples, so at the end of the meal one check was presented per couple.  I assume you can tell them ahead who is "together" and only get one check, or get individual checks.  Just tell the waiter what you prefer.

• Like 1