Internet required in stateroom - which ships have this?

isdoo

Hi,

I am looking to try and book a cruise for the family for this April - however I must have internet in the stateroom at the very least. (I need to use my own laptop)

The cruise must also be suitable for Children.

Can anyone suggest any options?

(I need to internet for work - I can't be away from it sadly)

Many thanks.

Holland America Lines Vista-class ships have in-cabin internet access. Those ships are: Zuiderdam, Westerdam, Oosterdam and the Noordam (which has her maiden voyage next month). All HAL ships have an internet center and I believe that they all have wi-fi hot spots at various locations. Hope this helps!

The M-Class Celebrity ships have in cabin internet in their suites, Crystal has all their cabins wired for internet.

Be prepared for a huge bill for your internet access. If you're not careful you could very well find a bill in the four digits unless you get one of their internet package rates. For most cruise lines, it's 75 cents a minute to access the internet.

Hi,

I am looking to try and book a cruise for the family for this April - however I must have internet in the stateroom at the very least. (I need to use my own laptop)

The cruise must also be suitable for Children.

Can anyone suggest any options?

Many thanks.

Your best bet is one of the Royal Caribbean "Voyager Class" ships... They have in cabin access, and are the best ships afloat for kids!

Keep in mind that internet access on ships is rather slow, about like dial-up.

Thanks guys - not sure if HAL or celebrity do a 24 hour access for a set fee like I think RC does.

Sadly I can't get the cabin I want on any voyager class ships during April - they are all full. However I can on radiance class - so that might be my choice.

Thanks again.

I hope all you are doing is checking in or you might as well mortgage your house to pay your internet bill. .75 per min adds up mighty fast.

On Royal Caribbean the in-cabin access for your laptop is a set price per week for unlimited use. The per minute charge (50 cents per minute) is only for using their computers in the internet cafe.

You can't or won't....?? Everyone is entitled to a vacation!!! The world won't fall apart if you go away and relax for a little while!! Just delegate responsibilities and go and have FUN!!!!

Here the web site for the carrier that most ships use for Internet access.

http://www.mtnsat.com/digitalseas/

HAL has plans for access, that range from $.75 per minute down to $.40 per minute, depending on number of minutes purchased.

Speed is equal to dial up and can be VERY slow at times, even worse than dial up if that's possible.

Danny

You can't or won't....?? Everyone is entitled to a vacation!!! The world won't fall apart if you go away and relax for a little while!! Just delegate responsibilities and go and have FUN!!!!

Can't ;) Also I like to listen to the radio from home whilst away as well - so the internet is useful for this.

I wish I could do without it - but I even need it often whilst on the road - so will connect via a 3G connection.

Here the web site for the carrier that most ships use for Internet access.

http://www.mtnsat.com/digitalseas/

HAL has plans for access, that range from $.75 per minute down to $.40 per minute, depending on number of minutes purchased.

Speed is equal to dial up and can be VERY slow at times, even worse than dial up if that's possible.

Danny

Thanks Danny, will take a look.

• 2 weeks later...
Can't ;) Also I like to listen to the radio from home whilst away as well - so the internet is useful for this.

I wish I could do without it - but I even need it often whilst on the road - so will connect via a 3G connection.

Wow. If you will be using your internet connection to listen to the radio, you will (a) pay a *lot* for that and (b) not be able to do anything else while listening since, as has been stated, the internet connection on most cruise ships is dreadfully slow...

Undrhil

Archived