Room service menu

boykin

Was wondering if the room service menu (dinner) is the same as the dining room. We will be on the Explorer soon and would like some feedback.

Thanks!!

EXPLORER 2006

GOLDEN PRINCESS 2003

CENTURY 1999

MONARCH OF THE SEAS

Not quite "everything" off the dinner menu. Some of the specialties, such as lobster and beef tenderloin, you were not able to get through room service. Each day they will list on one of the TV stations what you may order through room service that night from the dining room. You may have to watch the particular station for a few minutes before it comes up but it will be there. I don't remember which channel it was but it was one that runs on a continuous loop, similar to the map channel that tells you where you are at any given time. (Is this way more info than you asked for? My brain has not re-engaged since returning from the Jewel two days ago!:rolleyes: )

Hi Tarps14. My wife and I were on Jewel as well. Hope you had a good time.

To add on to what you said, my recollection is that you pressed the "Menu" button on the remote and one of the options on the left of the screen was "Room Service". The list of available choices would pop up when you selected that. As you said, it had "most" of the items available in the dining room but definitely not lobster. You can order right from the screen. You could also do this the night before for room service breakfast. We didn't try this - we always used the paper "door hanger" menu.

Agreed, you can see it on your TV every day and they will not bring you lobster but other than that it was nice the one night we did it (because I had Mal de Mare). they bring you everything at once, as you would expect but it was not a real problem for us.

Max Circus-you are correct but there was also a loop channel each day that also showed the menu for that night for room service.

Funny story about that "paper card" breakfast menu. On Thursday night we filled it out and put it out about midnight. We had cabin 1100 which is all the way aft to the right in the back hall. I mention this because it is kinda back by itself. Nobody goes back there unless they have to! Friday morning we woke up anticipating our delivery. Waited until almost 9:15 (should have been delivered between 8:30-9:00). Yep, you guessed it, checked and card is still hanging on door. Oh well-

Had a great time, even with the rough seas early on. Never so glad to see San Juan in my life. I never got sick but man was it rocking back there. The cabin was phenomenal, balcony even better!

That's funny about the menu. Our breakfast was late one morning and I also looked outside to make sure it still wasn't hanging. It wasn't and 5 minutes later "Breakfast Was Served".

We were on the same deck - 1530. First time in a suite and we enjoyed it. Glad we were not the only ones who felt the seas were rough going to San Juan. I thought I was going to fall out of bed all night.

Max Circus-you are correct but there was also a loop channel each day that also showed the menu for that night for room service.

Funny story about that "paper card" breakfast menu. On Thursday night we filled it out and put it out about midnight. We had cabin 1100 which is all the way aft to the right in the back hall. I mention this because it is kinda back by itself. Nobody goes back there unless they have to! Friday morning we woke up anticipating our delivery. Waited until almost 9:15 (should have been delivered between 8:30-9:00). Yep, you guessed it, checked and card is still hanging on door. Oh well-

Had a great time, even with the rough seas early on. Never so glad to see San Juan in my life. I never got sick but man was it rocking back there. The cabin was phenomenal, balcony even better!

tarps 14 do you have any pics pf 1100 ? we are staying on the brillance in march in that room and wanted to see more pics

Hey Tara and Sean...caught you out here posting. We are getting close aren't we??? Have you done your Mexican trip yet??? Where are you staying in Miami before sailing??? We are at the Holiday in Port of Miami.

Have a nice time on your pre sailing trips to Mexico and NY!!!

Judi Kozar

:( (Tarps is hanging her head in shame) Well, what can I say, the camera never made it out of the camera bag. I know, I know, no excuse! I have no explanation other than maybe the DH swept me off my feet all week (no easy feat there). I am horrible when it comes to pictures. Either I take them and they don't turn out right or I just don't bother. I am, sadly, photographically challenged (or maybe lazy is the word?). Deb and Bill's (?) pictures are the best there are out there of this cabin. Looks just like that. Do a search on the photo thread on the main message board and you will find several of this very cabin. Again (bowing at this moment) I offer my humblest apologies.

Archived