Movies on Nieuw Amsterdam

Karsten9

We will be sailing on the Nieuw Amsterdam at the end of the week.  We know there are a bunch of movies that you can watch on the TV in your stateroom, but we like to go to the little movie theater to watch the movies.  Anyone recently home (or on the sailing now) that can tell me what movies they are currently showing?   Thanks!!

2 hours ago, Karsten9 said:

We will be sailing on the Nieuw Amsterdam at the end of the week.  We know there are a bunch of movies that you can watch on the TV in your stateroom, but we like to go to the little movie theater to watch the movies.  Anyone recently home (or on the sailing now) that can tell me what movies they are currently showing?   Thanks!!

Just off the NA Saturday morning.  The screening room was renamed, to the Tasman Room but I never entered the space so I cannot offer any help in that regard.  I recall seeing the BBC films on the daily programmes but they were either in the Mainstage or the BB Kings venue.

Edited by RoyalVisit
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Himself said:

I will be on the NA in a few weeksP.  I have found there is quite a selection of movies on the TV in the State room.

Correct - they had  a lot of films to choose from, all free include 2 or 3 new releases, one of which was "Glass".

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Karsten9 said:

How did you like the cruise over all? Is there anyway to see what is playing before the cruise. Thank you. 

Loved it! no complaints whatsoever - except for the security/US customs in Vancouver which took us almost 2 hours to complete (Royal Princess was also embarking the same day).  We thoroughly enjoyed our cruise.

No way to find out in advance about the onboard movies that I am aware of.  I'm sure the selection frequently changes.  One our favourite memories will be from the Lincoln Center Stage - the musicians offered a rendition of Bohemian Rhapsody (marvelous is an understatement! - standing ovation) ....also because I had only finally seen the film on the flight out to Vancouver!

Edited by RoyalVisit
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Karsten9 said:

How did you like the cruise over all? Is there anyway to see what is playing before the cruise. Thank you. 

I've started to add some videos from the cruise here.  Still lots more to add - please excuse my poor editing and cameraman skills!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Karsten9 said:

Thank you 

Now that I'm home I just checked the "When & Where" Daily Programmes which I kept:

Friends of Bill W. met regularly in the Tasman Room and the International Service was as well

Mary Poppins Returns was on the first night in the Mainstage and Glass was shown on the third day in the afternoon and Five Feet Apart on the second last day also in the afternoon and in the Mainstage.   BBC Inside Earth a Privileged View was shown at BB Kings on the second day and BBC Inside Earth Innovation and Ingenuity on the second last day in the same location. 

That was it for movies and documentaries except for the stateroom selection.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RoyalVisit said:

I've started to add some videos from the cruise here.  Still lots more to add - please excuse my poor editing and cameraman skills!

RoyalVisit, your videos are great!  Glad to know you had a nice trip. Thanks for linking. 

• Like 1