Skagway - Alaska 360

plagmah

My family is interested in going to Alaska 360 in Skagway.  Has anyone been there?  Can we go on our own?  It appears to be close to town.  Mostly interested in seeing the dogsled dogs, but don't want to pay 140 pp.  

Any insight would be appreciated.  

4 hours ago, plagmah said:

My family is interested in going to Alaska 360 in Skagway.  Has anyone been there?  Can we go on our own?  It appears to be close to town.  Mostly interested in seeing the dogsled dogs, but don't want to pay 140 pp.  

Any insight would be appreciated.  

I posted this same question a few months ago but had no response.  We returned from our Alaskan cruise a couple of weeks ago.  Alaska 360 is at the edge of town.  I contacted the GM of Dredgetown, and she did say it was possible to go on our own.  We ultimately did not visit 360.  Will you be renting a car in Skagway?  If so, there are a couple of other places to go.

Tutshi Sled Dog Tours

Caribou Crossing

We did the Tutshi Sled Dog tour.  Highly recommended.  We would do it again in a heartbeat.

My wife and I did this last week. We booked through Princess, on board, and the price was $99.00 each. We boarded a bus at the pier and it was a short drive. I was afraid the atmosphere would be very hokey but I wanted to see the puppies. It turned out to be a great experience. All the characters were entertaining during the gold panning portion, and we ended up with several flakes. The talk by the Musher, CJ, was great. She just qualified to run in her first Iditarod. Then we met her dogs, they wern't at all what you would expect, that's all I will say here. You must see for yourself. She does a demo run around a short training track and if you want to take pictures you have to be quick. I was amazed at how fast these dogs run. Then they brought out the puppies. They were only 14 days old last week, and they were adorable. There were 5 or 6 of them and we all got to hold them for as long as we wanted. We took lots of pictures. There was a 40 Below room we passed on. We both said it was a great experience and not only did we have fun, but we learned a lot about the sport of Dog Sledding. I can honestly recommend this tour.