Detail review: Carnival Breeze with a toddler

Tjcalley

Amber Cove

We were excited for this port since it has a kid area at the pool. We were at this port a few years ago but our son was only 1 1/2 at the time and tired quickly playing and swimming. 

We lucked out to a beautiful sunny day. We made sure to have a big breakfast and were off the ship shortly after the announcement. 

We forgot to pack our beach so that was our first stop. I was able to get a nice sized one with a zipper for $18. 

After getting the bag we headed over to the pool area. It was still relatively empty and we grabbed a nice shady spot by the kids splash zone. We spent the next few hours hanging out here and our son had a lot of fun. We went through the lazy river once and went right back to the kid area since the pool was so crowded with adults and older kids.

I would like to visit this port again once our son is older so we can go on the waterfall excursion. 

We took a walk around the shopping area for a little while and made our way back to the ship. We usually just eat on the ship instead of in Port.

Once back on the ship we had lunch at the lido and headed back to the water works. My son played there until it was time to get ready for dinner. 

We made reservations for the steakhouse a few months ago and were really looking forward to it. 

92E931FF-C0F5-4CE5-BA39-07D2F27F803D.jpeg

C17D003D-E466-44BB-AF83-FEA203B72A17.jpeg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

So...I guess I never finished this review last year!  Woops, I guess life got the best of me.

Next stop St Thomas:

Let me just start by saying I would move to St. Thomas if I could! We love it here. Since this was a year ago I’m not going to pretend I remember what we ate for breakfast. I can tell you it was most likely at the lido and we probably over indulged on bacon and hash browns. 

I do remember the weather was perfect though. We learned from our last visit here and from this site to not take any Carnival beach excursions. We walked off the ship and paid maybe $20 to get to Megan’s Bay. Those Van rides are always wild to us! For some reason I forgot to bring a lot of cash with me but I had just enough to rent some chairs. I love how you have to drag them on your own though! We lounged and played in the water all day long. The water was absolutely beautiful that day. We had visited in 2017 and were rained out within an hour of being there. 

We headed back to the ship to eat some lunch and change. We still had time after so we got back off the ship to shop around and explore a little. I don’t think we purchased anything though. We usually limit our purchases to hot sauce or Christmas ornaments (that I bring home and forget I have btw). We most likely at in the MDR this night . 

Funny Story, this year we picked to have early seating because my husband wanted a better view in that dining room. We ended up at a table with another couple from TN who’s daughter dated the son on my in laws best friend in Florida. What a small world right?

Here are some fun pics from that day! 

Next up Puerto Rico!

79562D7C-E551-4A82-826E-C6C744406ADF.jpeg

46C53F29-13B9-44E1-A9E2-7BD283F7432C.jpeg

5F579C6B-D505-40E4-9B90-676051B0007D.jpeg

56F59470-CF05-4ABF-80DC-88115CF4EA78.jpeg

• Like 1

On 6/24/2019 at 10:33 AM, indygirl76 said:

Same! 🙂 I totally missed this when you were posting originally posting, OP. Hope you have time to come back and finish!

Sorry for not finishing! I guess I should use the feature “notify me of replies” 🤣😂

I am going to attempt to try and finish this !

• Like 3

Puerto Rico:

Another favorite port of ours and another place I would consider living. My husband especially loves stopping here. I think it’s the strong coffee he loves 😂. As usual we probably ate in the lido Buffett. My husband usually goes to Blue Iguana for their breakfast burritos and then comes to sit with us. 

The weather was beautiful again this day. Not to warm and kind of breezy. I was on a mission this trip to find that street with all the umbrellas which I cannot for the life of me remember the name of and I am to lazy at the moment to google! Right when we got off the ship we made a bee line to the nearest coffee shop to fuel the miles and miles of walking that I will force everyone to do. We were also armed with an umbrella stroller which is soooo much fun on old cobble streets 😂. We found the street pretty quickly and it was deserted since it was so early! Definitely worth the walk. After that we strolled around for a while. We found a park where a lot of local schools kids were playing and let our son play for a while. After that we walked the long way to the fort following the water. We love going this way so we can see all the stray cats! We played around outside the Fort for a while and then walked back through downtown. 

I mentioned before that it was so cold on the ship so we shopped around for a sweatshirt for me. We ended up at one of my favorite stores , you guessed it, Marshall’s ! I had to take a picture in front 😂

After the long day we went back to our cabin to relax before dinner. 

My husband thought it would be funny to wear “bubba” teeth on this cruise which I bought for him and immediately regretted my decision. We would get into an elevator and he would slip them on and just stare at people with his mouth open!!! I could have divorced him after day 7 of this 😂 

Here are some pictures from that day !  

Next stop Sea Day and Dr. Suess Breakfast 

16CBF2AC-67A8-4014-8672-9BA36BCA3682.jpeg

92F8CB4D-408A-4155-B774-F84866FA39ED.jpeg

618C2BF1-CD4D-4892-ACE5-52084C73E0C7.jpeg

3D58B8EF-E674-456F-A804-F13E3D2C18B1.jpeg

528D9223-608D-4CE7-9A36-2A070C4A07D7.jpeg

D3050E90-1310-461D-9C03-A62C491B5693.jpeg

623855DE-A15A-4654-B0D6-A84622F4E169.jpeg

• Like 2

Sea day! 

We did the Dr. Sues parade the year before on the Magic and you would have thought we were torturing our son. They refunded us that year for the breakfast because he had such a meltdown. Guest Services actually told us they wouldn’t refund us but it was credited back that day. I suspect because I didn’t argue about it and wasn’t rude! 

This year our son was pretty excited. They had Dr. Suess week the month before at school so it was still really fresh for him. The grandparents came which really made it more fun for him. From what I remember the food was really good. My son and I ordered the French toast that is smothered with fruity sugary cereal! I could eat that every day 😂 I want to say my hubby had some type of steak that was colored weird! Carnival really goes out of their way to make this fun and special and for $5 a person you can’t beat it. 

We spent the rest of the day at water works which my son really loved this year .Just a note there were a lot of older kids that decided they wanted to play really rough with the younger kids and their parents decided they didn’t need to “parent” their kids. It’s ok because I don’t mind doing it for them! People watch your damn kids ! Sorry rant over !

we might have went to the steakhouse on this night. The food is always so good but my little one wasn’t having it for some reason so we cut it short so we didn’t disrupt other people. 

Next stop: Grand Turk or as I like to call it the big pee pee pool !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tjcalley said:

We spent the rest of the day at water works which my son really loved this year .Just a note there were a lot of older kids that decided they wanted to play really rough with the younger kids and their parents decided they didn’t need to “parent” their kids. It’s ok because I don’t mind doing it for them! People watch your damn kids ! Sorry rant over !

I have sat in a hot tub where child  is kicking like mad (water in my face) and parent does nothing. I look directly at the child and say "no kicking".  Child looks at me like I spoke French. I repeat myself and say "understand" and they stop. Parents can be so lame and I have no qualms about calmly stating what the parameters are. Rant over😎

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

I have sat in a hot tub where child  is kicking like mad (water in my face) and parent does nothing. I look directly at the child and say "no kicking".  Child looks at me like I spoke French. I repeat myself and say "understand" and they stop. Parents can be so lame and I have no qualms about calmly stating what the parameters are. Rant over😎

Good rant! 👍

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2020 at 8:01 PM, Tjcalley said:

We ended up at a table with another couple from TN who’s daughter dated the son on my in laws best friend in Florida. What a small world right?

I struck up a conversation with an American in a restaurant in Warsaw, only to discover that he knew my brother-in-law in Dallas.  Very small world.

Love the review.  I also love St. Thomas.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chief93 said:

I struck up a conversation with an American in a restaurant in Warsaw, only to discover that he knew my brother-in-law in Dallas.  Very small world.

Love the review.  I also love St. Thomas.

So funny! What a small world! 

I would give anything to be in St. Thomas right now !

"People watch your damn kids ! " Famous last words I wish people would only follow including in hallways, Lido, MDR--basically everywhere.  My father would have beaten us silly if we acted like that.  Whenever we ate out people were always stopping at our table and telling him what a lovely family he had.  They didn't realize how it got that way...