Live from Viking Tialfi! Rhine Getaway, Basel to Amsterdam

GoTravelLife

Hi, great post! We are taking the same cruise with Viking in August. We were wondering if you need to sign up to the optional excursions prior to boarding, we keep getting emails from Viking to do so. We have cruised with Avalon in the past, and with them, you sign up to the optional excursions when you board, or even the night before the excursions. With Avalon, they gave a detailed account of the excursions upon boarding which really helped you decide which ones you wanted. I was hoping Viking would do the same, but I also don't want to miss out by not pre-signing up now. So not sure if we need to sign up now or not, I'm hoping you can give some insight on that.

Thanks!

14 minutes ago, manitoba_traveller said:

Hi, great post! We are taking the same cruise with Viking in August. We were wondering if you need to sign up to the optional excursions prior to boarding, we keep getting emails from Viking to do so. We have cruised with Avalon in the past, and with them, you sign up to the optional excursions when you board, or even the night before the excursions. With Avalon, they gave a detailed account of the excursions upon boarding which really helped you decide which ones you wanted. I was hoping Viking would do the same, but I also don't want to miss out by not pre-signing up now. So not sure if we need to sign up now or not, I'm hoping you can give some insight on that.

Thanks!

We did research and sign up for the optional excursions before the cruise- some sell out (like the Mercedes Benz tour).   We also felt the included tours were just fine in some ports- and We specifically look for those that allow you to have a few hours of free time at the end as we like to explore on our own. My husband was very interested in a couple of the excursions that were optional, so I signed up for those prior just to avoid any disappointment!