NCL Star - AF/AG Mini-Suite Cabins on Deck 11

Linday

Can anyone shed any light on the difference between these two categories on the Star? I've done a lot of research and can't find any difference. Right now I'm considering 11186 or 11188. Has anyone stayed in these cabins or ones nearby?

I read a review that stated:

The 12 furthest aft cabins on either side on Deck 11 (11660 to 11688 and 11160 to 11188) have balconies where the partitions are at an angle, making for a less private experience than one might like.

I can see this in a picture I found and it also looks like part of these balcony may not be covered where the others are. The angle of the balcony wouldn't bother me, but since we are going to Alaska I wonder if partial coverage would be a problem.

I would appreciate any input on good locations for a mini-suites on this ship. I got a lot of help here for my first cruise last November and hope you can help again.

TIA,

Linday

Isn't it stange then that in most places I've looked (including NCL's website) the AG is more then the AF? All of this can get so confusing to me.

Thanks for your response.

We have stayed in AF's and they are very nice. Click on my link below to see pictures. The Star is a beautiful ship with a great crew. You'll have a great time.

Yes, sometimes the prices seem to be odd but if the AF is cheaper right now, take it.

Just got off the Star on Jan. 20 and was in 11610. Great location!! Just down the way from the spa, and not under all those scraping Market Cafe chairs! Only noise we ever heard was one morning some squeeking from the jogging track above. Didn't disrupt our sleep at all. The spa is a godsend for those without children. Lap pool, jacuzzi, bubble/therapy pool, sauna, steam room, etc. and all included!!! (18 and over only!!)

Beware of the incredibly UGLY painting of a lighthouse right across from the bed!!! We ended up covering it with a towel held up by purloined masking tape!! (yes, it was THAT BAD, and I hear most cabins have this atrocious piece of, dare I call it, artwork)

L

Can anyone shed any light on the difference between these two categories on the Star? I've done a lot of research and can't find any difference. Right now I'm considering 11186 or 11188. Has anyone stayed in these cabins or ones nearby?

I read a review that stated:

The 12 furthest aft cabins on either side on Deck 11 (11660 to 11688 and 11160 to 11188) have balconies where the partitions are at an angle, making for a less private experience than one might like.

I can see this in a picture I found and it also looks like part of these balcony may not be covered where the others are. The angle of the balcony wouldn't bother me, but since we are going to Alaska I wonder if partial coverage would be a problem.

I would appreciate any input on good locations for a mini-suites on this ship. I got a lot of help here for my first cruise last November and hope you can help again.

TIA,

Linday

We sailed in 11680 and the balcony was slanted. Unfortunately any time I decided to go out on the balcony the couple in the neighboring balcony decided to pop out for a view as well and lean on the balcony railing so I could them them (not look into my balcony but because it was slanted you could see him...unfortunately he would only be wearing a towel that barely covered him and she was wearing a short robe. They didnt seem uncomfortable and I always made sure to have my chair face the other direction. It became a cabin joke - honey the naked people are out again.

That said, the only problem we had with the room was that it is directly below the teen dance floor and at times (about 30 minutes at a time multiple time throughout the day) they would play music and dance and you could hear the bass and feel the "stomping" while they danced. Not complaining that they were up there- it's what the teen room is for, just seemed to catch us when we wanted a quick nap. We go to bed after midnight and the teen club usually closed at 11:30pm so most nights it wasnt a problem (however the room does not get locked and there is no supervision for the teen club so they can go there and turn on the music whenever they want (if that happens all it take sis a quick call to the front desk and they took care of it).

Archived