Homeland, Queen Mary, Queen Elizabeth

Swissfred

Anyone have memorabilia for sale from certain dates on the Homeland, Queen Mary, or Queen Elizabeth? I asked this question years ago, but decided it's worth a try again.

My parents' 50th wedding anniversary will be in July of 2007. I would like to get some memorabilia of their journey from Switzerland to the U.S. for the celebration. I'd also like to get memorabilia from my Dad's previous journey to North America.

My dad traveled from Europe to Canada on the Homeland during a week that included April 9, 1953, with a friend. He worked his way West for 4 years, eventually ending up in California, writing letters to my future mom the entire time. He returned to Switzerland on the Queen Mary the during the week of April 13, 1957 (yes, I know, Swiss border is extremely difficult to access with a cruise ship!) . My parents married and crossed the Atlantic on the Queen Elizabeth during a week that included March 12, 1958.

Any memorabilia from any of these sailings would be appreciated!

I took my first cruise in 1984 at 21 years old, with my 2 roommates, on NCL's Skyward, and have not stopped cruising since! My 10th cruise will be in July 2006, for the 20th wedding anniversary with my incredible wife, whom I've been with for 25 years!

Unfortunately, my parents refuse to cruise because of the terrible experience my mom had during the transcontinental journey while pregnant in 1958. If only I could convince them of the new ship designs and technology.......!

If anyone has a story or memorabilia from any of these sailings, I would be extremely grateful!

Archived