IS there a secret to taking SOOO many cruises?

jbmanuel

I have taken 2 cruises and loved every minute of it. Its all I want to do now. Is there a secret to doing it more often! I see people on here with 2 or 3 cruises a year under their belts(whats the most amount of cruises anyone has taken).....I am thinking hmmm these people know something that I don't. Do you cut back on the shopping before you cruise, less groceries,no movies,less fruit and veggies, no entertainment (hehehe) I am not being silly, just wondering thats all. Is there a secret combination...pay a little now a little later,credit cards and cash...I want some tips I WANT TO CRUISE more often thats all. I buy lottery tickets. (lol):p I am addicted ...PLEASE help me.....It's only getting worse!!

I even dream about cruising............seriously:eek:

There's no secret. We're not rich. We are willing to fly for a quick getaway. We save our vacation time for our longer cruises. We don't live large. We always use our cruise credit cards which enables us to practically cruise for free or at least at an extremely reduced rate. Also we don't cruise during the summer which saves us money.

An that is the GOLDEN answer!

I tried for YEARS to get my dad to cruise. He wouldn't do it at all. I started ordering him brochures of places I thought he might want to go. He had the money and the time to go, but would always say one of these days. This was something he would say about all of his "future" trips. He and my mother had a really good friend to just drop dead. That day was there with them for breakfast one morning, by night fall gone. It hit them hard. As this was someone they had planned to take those future trips with. I told them life was to short to keep putting off all of those places and that they couldn't take their money with them. He called me 6 months before his 60th birthday and said I'm ready to go. I want to be gone for my birthday. Never flown, never been out of the country and he picked a 14 land/sea Alaska package. This was in June of 05. Since then he and my mother have been close to 10 cruises and is currently having breakfast aboard the Carnival Holiday. He has 2 more booked.

:)

That is so cute !!!

It brings tears to my eyes, what a great story, ( sad about their friend,)

but I'm glad they woke up and did some fun memory makers before it was too late...

I had that happen to a fellow worker, except they did cruise alot with and without their kids, and it was lucky , he passed away at age 55 last year, not expected at all. they had all their cruise pics there and what great memories!!!

Yes, life is too short, cruise while you can, or vacation ,whatever you enjoy!!

Hello,

We have been on 22 cruises and we have been very fortunate in terms of our finances. I am retired and my wife has worked part time for over 20 years.

We go on cruises because both of us love to travel and especially by ship.

We do not do anything special in terms of saving but both of us have part jobs. We both substitute teach, which provides the money to go on cruises as well as the time off to travel when we want to.

Substitute teaching is not for everyone, but it has been an interesting, financially rewarding, and meaningful way for us to go on cruises.

Hope that this helps.

Fred

Not every cruise has to be long. We enjoy taking four-night cruises at least once a year. Last year we did twice. We do usually book one longer cruise each year. Next week we will be on an eleven- nightcruise, but honestly I like the shorter ones just as much. You don't have to pack so much or be away from home so long, but still it is a very nice get away.

Another thing, we don't book suites, just regular Ocean View or balcony cabins depending on the cost. It would be great to have a suite sometime, but that might limit how often we could cruise that year. I guess I'd rather go more often than cruise just once a year in luxury.

I have taken 2 cruises and loved every minute of it. Its all I want to do now. Is there a secret to doing it more often! I see people on here with 2 or 3 cruises a year under their belts(whats the most amount of cruises anyone has taken).....I am thinking hmmm these people know something that I don't. Do you cut back on the shopping before you cruise, less groceries,no movies,less fruit and veggies, no entertainment (hehehe) I am not being silly, just wondering thats all. Is there a secret combination...pay a little now a little later,credit cards and cash...I want some tips I WANT TO CRUISE more often thats all. I buy lottery tickets. (lol):p I am addicted ...PLEASE help me.....It's only getting worse!!

I even dream about cruising............seriously:eek:

It is a comparatively inexpensive way to travel IMO. I probably could have gone on three 7 day crusies for one of my trips to Europe.

We just finished our 40th cruise with 2 more booked this year(so far). We don't drink which helps a lot. Also, if you can cruise during hurricane season you save a lot. Sept thru early December. NCL's charge card helps if you do charge things and as long as you can keep the balance down. Plus on NCL we do the future deposit that saves a few bucks. As mentioned many before, being able to drive to the port on the day of the cruise really helps.

It is a comparatively inexpensive way to travel IMO. I probably could have gone on three 7 day crusies for one of my trips to Europe.

with the dollar so weak overseas right now-I am told crusing Europe is the most affordable way to see Europe and I am inclined to agree-we spent nearly as much money pre cruise In England before we took our transatlantic then we spent for the cruise. The dollar defientely did not go very far.

Archived