May 12, 2019 sailing NCL Escape to Bermuda

figment9999

A great cruise. Love the Escape's vibe. Boarding was great, at pier 10:30, checked in @11, boarding started immediately, on ship 11:10.

We had a mini suite cabin; plenty of room w a great shower. Had room service breakfasts each morning; a wonderful way to start the day. My omelet always arrived hot and the coffee great. We had the UDP package (so convenient), free wifi (good), and three restaurants (did Cagney's, Le Bistro (one of the best meals on the ship), and Teppanyaki (always fun)).

Loved the shows & staff. Got a list of shows once we boarded from customer service (also posted on CC w dailies). Choir of Man was really different, made reservation just after we boarded. We both enjoyed it. Loved the Howl at the Moon dueling pianos. These guys are amazing; we went whenever it was in Headliners and stayed till 1 or 2.

The ship was full but always found 2 deck chairs & room in pool/hot tub. It was a bit cool/windy so using the maim pool was out but stayed on deck to watch activities there;which was fun. Spent more time in the H2O area in the back of the ship. Adults only, much less wind, quiet.

Gym was great, reasonable waits for treadmill, machines, etc.

The ropes course was a hoot; larger than the Breakaway's

Love Bermuda
There's a brew pub in the dockyard, the Frog & Onion, excellent amber ale. Around the corner is an Arts Center, local artists works, very well done and reasonable prices. Plenty to do in the Dockyard, the Bermuda Museum is there if you have the time to explore.

First day was shopping in the Dockyard; I brought the loot back to the ship. Then we took the shuttle to Horseshoe bay ($7/pp/each way). Beautiful spot, chairs, food, drinks, and changing facilitates available there.

Went to St Georges the second day; Norwegian's free ferry is a great benefit. Docked adjacent to the ship it relieved all the hassle of getting ferry tix, etc. We love to go there shop then have lunch at the White Horse Inn, feeding scraps to the fish is much fun. Third day was shopping, the arts center, and a last meal at the Bonefish Restaurant.

Bermuda is a pretty island, do some homework before you go and it'll cut down on confusion there.

Getting off the ship was very good. Had Latitudes yellow time slot called 8:45; just before we entered the pier I realized I'd left my laptop back in the room. Ran back, still was on the street at 10:00. We always use the porters in the luggage hall, much easier.

• Like 2