Bergen Funicular Ticket Question

I'm going to purchase my funicular tickets in advance. We're only in port from 7 a.m. - 2 p.m. so I'm going to do the roundtrip tickets, just in case I don't feel there's enough time to walk down. My question is I can't figure out if I should select "From Flobanen city station" and "To Top Station" OR "From Flobanen city station" and "To Flobanen city station." Both are options when I have "roundtrip" selected. Anyone done this before? Site is here. Also, while you have to pick the day, it doesn't look like you have to commit to a time. Anyone confirm? Tusen takk, all!

The default when you go to the webpage is round trip and from Flobanen city station to Top Station.   Generally, when doing round trip reservations that is the way to do it.   The round trip part is what will determine how the ticket is priced and printed.  You are correct that you do not have to give a time, just the date.  When you get there, walk past the long line and go right in the building.  The long line is to buy tickets.

Thank you so much! Have you gone on this "ride"? I assume it'a about 15 - 20 minutes each way max, not including standing in line. Sound correct?

Edited by JessRa
Wrong description - meant each trip in the funicular car

Yes, I did this in 2017.  I'd say 10-15 minutes for the funicular itself.   It is a pretty quick ride up and down.  And, with the pre-purchased tickets, the waiting part is very minimal.  I believe I walked in and was able to get on the next car that came down.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1