Blue Lagoon bahamas

MandaR

Is anyone going to Blue Lagoon island soon(ish) or recently.

I am a first time cruiser and we are heading to the Bahamas in August with Carnival.

I feel like we got a great deal for a Dolphin encounter program, floaties park and lunch on the island so I booked it.

There are just a few things I am wondering, or clarifying based on my research. Sorry I'm a planner so I have a list.  

We are at Port 8-5. Since we booked the excursion directly through Carnival am I right to assume transport to/from the ferry dock is included. I don't see anything stating otherwise.

What time are they going to make us leave the island? I have yet to be given a time for the encounter, but hate feeling rushed.

The island website says you may be able to upgrade to a dolphin swim upon arrival. Does anyone know the cost of this upgrade? If it even an option for cruise bookings?

Last post about photo costs was about $150 for USB. Still that cost? 

If hubby or I want an alcoholic drink what would it cost? What about water? Cost? Refill area if we bring a bottle?

Thinking of costs, are they like other Nassau tourist areas and I plan just my credit card, or should I have cash?

If anyone has photos of price boards, times etc, and are allowed to share, it would be appreciated. I have tried contacting the island as well as Carnival for answers with no response.

Thank you

On 5/29/2019 at 5:29 PM, MandaR said:

We are at Port 8-5. Since we booked the excursion directly through Carnival am I right to assume transport to/from the ferry dock is included. I don't see anything stating otherwise.  Yes.  I know the ferry will drop you off at the dock.  I'm pretty sure the ferry picks you up too, but if not they will bus you over to the ferry terminal.  We've been to Blue Lagoon several times but always booked it directly, so I don't know the exact details of the pick-up.

What time are they going to make us leave the island? I have yet to be given a time for the encounter, but hate feeling rushed.  If your ship leaves port at 5, the 2 o'clock ferry is the latest you can take.

Last post about photo costs was about $150 for USB. Still that cost?  You can buy individual pictures or packages and the prices vary.  There are a lot of different options that they will tell you when you go to pick out your pictures after the encounter.

If hubby or I want an alcoholic drink what would it cost? What about water? Cost? Refill area if we bring a bottle?  There's a bar need the ferry dock with good drinks.  Try a Sky Juice.  It's a Bahamian drink with gin, coconut water and condensed milk.  Much better and more authentic than a Bahama Mama. :classic_smile:  

Thinking of costs, are they like other Nassau tourist areas and I plan just my credit card, or should I have cash?  They will take credit cards at Blue Lagoon.  Cash works too.  You can use American dollars.

I put my answers in red.

• Like 1

Thank you so much CruisinCrow that's so helpful.  This is all so new to me and I just want things to run smooth lol.  Scubagirrl, my TA told me to carry a print out of our passports to use. Would this work as I.D. with credit card, or should I still bring my license? 

4 hours ago, MandaR said:

Thank you so much CruisinCrow that's so helpful.  This is all so new to me and I just want things to run smooth lol.  Scubagirrl, my TA told me to carry a print out of our passports to use. Would this work as I.D. with credit card, or should I still bring my license? 

Bring your license.  You will need it to get back on the ship anyway.

1 hour ago, JonesCruiser1978 said:

Could I ask what the name of the excursion was through Carnival?  Very interested!

Dolphin Adventure, Waterpark, Beach and Lunch for all. 

It did not appear on my excursion page as an option until around 80 days out.

Also doing my research I think the dolphin ADVENTURE will just be a brief kiss and 'hand shake' as opposed to the slightly more scaled EXPERIENCE. Still ok for my family at this point though.