Upgrade to Suite Guarantee?

theadams

We are currently in an aft concierge class balcony cabin for our cruise. I have been dreaming about this cabin for months now (ever since I booked last February). Thanks to all the information here that pointed me in the right direction towards those cabins. Now I am in a bit of a dilemma. I can upgrade to a balcony guarantee for very little money. I thought no, I think I'll just keep what I have. It seemed that I would likely get a Sky Suite and the aft cabin still seemed like a better choice. Now I notice on the Celebrity web site that Sky Suite are sold out and there are just Celebrity Suites and Royal Suites available. So I have a couple of questions:

1. Does this mean that if I did do the suite upgrade I would get at least a Celebrity Suite? or would they upgrade someone with a Sky Suite and give me their Sky Suite?

2. Do you consider a Celebrity Suite better than an aft Concierge Class even though it has no balcony?

Do you need more space or want a balcony is kind of that choice, Celebrity Suite would be most desireable for a cooler climate like Alaska, South America etc. maybe a transatlatic but in a warm weather climate if you like to be outside it may not be top choice, or if you aren't in the cabin a lot. If you are in the cabin a lot and dont mind not having a balcony, the Celebrity Suite would be awesome.

It sounds like you have no bad choices, just personal taste and desire. I wouldn't go for a guarantee on the suites unless you are content with all the options you may get.

We are currently in an aft concierge class balcony cabin for our cruise. I have been dreaming about this cabin for months now (ever since I booked last February). Thanks to all the information here that pointed me in the right direction towards those cabins. Now I am in a bit of a dilemma. I can upgrade to a balcony guarantee for very little money. I thought no, I think I'll just keep what I have. It seemed that I would likely get a Sky Suite and the aft cabin still seemed like a better choice. Now I notice on the Celebrity web site that Sky Suite are sold out and there are just Celebrity Suites and Royal Suites available. So I have a couple of questions:

1. Does this mean that if I did do the suite upgrade I would get at least a Celebrity Suite? or would they upgrade someone with a Sky Suite and give me their Sky Suite?

2. Do you consider a Celebrity Suite better than an aft Concierge Class even though it has no balcony?

I may have missed something, but you indicated that you could get a "balcony guarantee". Why would you assume with that you will get upgraded to a suite? Why would you not likely get just a balcony cabin? If it is a balcony guarantee, you may likely just get a that, a balcony cabin, thus forfeiting your aft and not getting a suite. If the balcony catagory is sold out, they may upgrade someone who paid more to a suite and give you their balcony. All risky, so you need to decide how important the particular cabin is worth for the money.

GO FOR THE SUITE!!! A CC on the stern is nice but it is no comparison to a suite. Even the Celebrity Suite is better, IMHO. You can always get a CC but seldom can you get a Suite Guarantee...so go for it. 1 Sky or 1 Celebrity Suite trumps a CC anyday.

ROSS

I dunno our first cruise on Celebrity was in a sky suite.. the butler thing was cute..now we have two more booked that are CC aft same cabin number for both sailings.. I figure if the luxuries are the same I might as well trade a larger verandah over a butler anytime....and save a few dollars in the meantime.. a good cabin steward in CC will do the same things as a butler... well almost :) either way is a good vacation

Thanks to everyone who responded. We have decided to stay with the Aft CC as I think the balcony is more important in this case.

Now the answer would be different if we knew we would get a Royal Suite.........;)

Archived