Sailing on Escape on June 9th, is there a forward observation lounge? Also gratuities

Hi, my first time on a Breakaway plus ship, will be on the Escape to Bermuda on June 9th. Just did a last minute booking this morning for a solo traveler at like 950 bucks for a balcony room, sounded good so I did!

Ive cruised on the Dawn and and on the Breakaway many times, but I’ve always had the sail away perks of 3UDP and UBP. This time I decided to do the cheap booking with no perks. No biggie since I rarely drink alcohol anyways. I bought the soda package, and 3 restaurant dining package. Although I’m a bit confused, I paid 91 dollars I think for the 3 restaurants dining package, the website says gratuity should have been included, but was it? I only got charged the 90 some bucks, didn’t see any 20 percent extra charge. Should I be adding gratuities during the trip then or are they really included? I don’t remember adding anything extra with the perks UDP package, I just prepaid regular gratuities and the alcohol package the last times I sailed. How does the bought UDP package differ from the perks UDP package?

Also, is there a forward observation lounge on the Escape? I know Breakaway only had it on the top deck, but I thought Breakaway plus had it enclosed? Is that only Haven?

6 minutes ago, frostrambler said:

Also, is there a forward observation lounge on the Escape? I know Breakaway only had it on the top deck, but I thought Breakaway plus had it enclosed? Is that only Haven?

No, unlike the NCL Joy, NCL Bliss, and NCL Encore, the NCL Escape lacks a forward observation lounge. 

ARE GRATUITIES INCLUDED IN THE SPECIALTY DINING PACKAGE PRICE?

No, a 20% gratuity and specialty service charge will be automatically added to the cost of your package.

I believe ours was added to our running bill, but they just took it out of our credits.

Edited by BlueLineGal
Mispelled