Drink package

My sister and I are going on a RC cruise in September. She is getting the alcohol drink package while I am getting the soda package. This has already been approved by RC.

How do they work the drink packages to know the difference? Do they use photo I’d? 

I do enjoy a pretty fru-fru drink at sailing and may have 1 or 2 a day but not enough to make the drink package worth it to me while they might run out of liquor with my sister onboard. I plan on charging my drink cost back to the room. 

If you are sharing a cabin and they are actually allowing you to buy soda-only while she buys alcohol this is the first report I have seen of that being allowed.  Normally all people over 21 have to buy the alcohol package but they will generally allow the second person to buy the refreshment package if you call.  Refreshment package (coffee, tea, mocktails, fresh OJ, soda) costs at least double the soda-only price.