Cruise Cancelation

bigdog3361

Contractually Carnival is not obligated to give you anything if you cancel at this point. There have been some that have called and have been able to apply all the money to a future cruise, never heard of an actual refund of money.

Assuming you don't have insurance, your best bet is to call and try your luck! Please post your outcome!

Looking at the cancellation policy:

8-29 days, you can get 50% refund.

7 days or less, you get no refund.

Nothing mentioned about transferring money to future cruise.

Call your booking agent NOW!

A friend of mine has the same situation, but our cruise leaves on Feb. 5th. Her sister is having surgery on Feb. 10th and she doesn't feel comfortable going on vacation when her sister may be very sick. I can't find my insurance plan, does anyone know if this will be covered?

Thanks...

Why might you cancelling?

If you bought the cruise insurance, it will depend on why you are cancelling as to what you may get back. If you didn't buy insurance, then you will only get back 50% (as Cotton pointed out). Unless you have a real unusual reason for cancelling and can find a sympathetic Carnival rep, you are most likely out of luck for re-booking. I have heard of it being done, though.

we were within a 30-60 day period, but we had to forfeit our deposit, which was $200pp. I was sick about it. But the rep at Carnival told me to write customer service and let them know our circumstances. I did, and in return, I received a letter stating that we had a $400 credit to use on a future cruise. I had no problems receiving the credit; we used it to book on the Sensation in May! So try that route if all else fails.

A friend of mine has the same situation, but our cruise leaves on Feb. 5th. Her sister is having surgery on Feb. 10th and she doesn't feel comfortable going on vacation when her sister may be very sick. I can't find my insurance plan, does anyone know if this will be covered?

Thanks...

Depends on which policy your friend has... you wouldn't be able to cancel, but if your friends policy covers her with her sister having surgery, she would get a refund, but then YOU would have to pay her portion, or try to switch to a 1A or get someone else to go with you. As for your friend being covered, if her policy covers her family member, she should get reimbursed... generally it is if you family member is in a critical state or hospitalized... there is a pre existing clause generally, so if the surgery has something to do with a condition she had when purchasing the insurance, she may not qualify. Just have her check her policy. The only way you would be covered is if you purchased a "cancel for any reason" policy, and most people don't. I'd start looking NOW for someone to go with you. Good luck!!!

Thank you all for all the help and advice talked to TA and they can reschedule our cruise if we have to. I will find out later today. To everybody thanks again.

I'd get that in writing, from CARNIVAL (your TA can get this)... did your TA actually get Carnival on the phone and verify this?? Seems a little too easy... I would make absolutely, 100% SURE before you hit that 7 day mark... and at this point, I wouldn't be taking my TA's word for it... I would get everything in writing... it's not like Carnival to "just reschedule"... without a fight of some sort, the policy usually sticks unless you have a really good story. Happened to a member here just a month or so ago, her roomie had to cancel, and she had to eat the entire cruise cost... just make sure.

I agree with GoinCruising. If it was that easy imagine the people not buying insurance any longer coz you could just change the dates.

the cancellation clause would mean nothing... coz you will just be going later. souned way too easy

Archived